IGNORED

EFL on ITV4

36 minutes ago, !james said:

So you don't think a respected and experienced football journalist and broadcaster got the job on merit but purely because she is a woman? 

Look I dont wanna get in an argument, Igot different views to you, endnof. I just don't enjoy watching women present mens football

22 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

It's probably because you seemingly believe that only white males are capable of getting a job on merit.

*****, where have I said that? Anith holier than though jumping on the bandwagon

2 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Look I dont wanna get in an argument, Igot different views to you, endnof. I just don't enjoy watching women present mens football

Fair enough it's that's your view but then you say you don't want to get into an argument so why make an inflammatory comment like she's only there to fill a quota?

9 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Replacing EFL on Quest, ITVs new show, to be shown in the same 9pm slot, will be presented by Hugh Woozencroft and Jules Breach. No Colin Murray so one can only hope that they share the same level of knowledge and passion for the EFL as shown by the jolly Irishman. No other details of format or guest pundits yet. 

What a disappointment.

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

One thing- ITV4 a little disappointing, a League such as the Championship, the Football League in fact probably deserves a greater platform- why not ITV?

It's getting a first showing on ITV4 and a repeat showing on ITV following Match of the Day finishing on BBC 1. I think the chances of it getting a 9pm timeslot on ITV's main channel (or BBC1/BBC2) at that time is fanciful - Channel 5 is about as high as it could realistically get a 9pm timeslot.

• Thanks 1

I watched the highlights show last night; and to me it pretty much felt identical to the Quest show.
The guest was Dean Ashton, and pretty much all of the same reporters/commentators were used.

Even appeared to be filmed in the same studios, with the staging layout looking very identical.
Plus it's also made by the same production company, I believe (IMG).

Hugh Woozencroft seemed like a fine presenter...

On 27/06/2022 at 21:41, frenchred said:

*****, where have I said that? Anith holier than though jumping on the bandwagon

Weird view as it’s mostly men who have been commentating on sports involving women since tv began until the recent era

I thought the guy presenting it was a bit bland but he seamed to know his stuff, the show is exactly the same as when on quest I was hoping that they might have moved to a more motd style for the championship with each game getting proper highlights and analysis 

It looked like a carbon copy of the Quest program, the look, the feel, the sound. All apart from Colin Murray.
His interest and personality drove the show. I wasn't a massive fan of Ashton before, without Murray it's worse.
It may improve, but I will probably carry on recording and forwarding past the chat.

Like other posters I agree it's a sort of rehash of EFL on Quest but with less highlights and more chat, a presenter who's going to have to do better than his current monotone delivery (he ain't no Colin Murray) and no badges showing suppirt for prostate cancer. Need to give a little time to see if it improves.