IGNORED

EFL on ITV4

• Admin
10 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

It was decent enough, bunch of copycats but that's better than trying to be different and making things worse. Could do without clips like watching the Huddersfield manager meet with the local community, just the highlights/a little chat please.

Copycats or just moving the same production team etc from one channel to another? 

19 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

Glad most of the commentators were the same as Quest as i rated most of them. Thank god we dont have to listen to the overexcited co commentators like lee Hendre from sky!!

I enjoyed it like I did Quest. Murray is gonna be tough to replace but new guy was perfectly fine. He’s not on next Saturday, we get to see the other presenter instead. 

14 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

I like the fact it’s similar to Quest. Only down point for me is the championship bit is done in 45 minutes whereas I thought the old version was an hour

Don't know if that's because there's a game less on the Saturday (Coventry v Rotherham due to take place today), or that slightly more time was dedicated to the League One section which had a nice feature on Exeter City Women who were at the men's game & discussing the impact the Lionesses win had.

Jules Breach, like Hugh from last week, seems like a good host too

Last weeks was excellent........but this week, not so much?  A presenter who just read the auto cue, and appeared to have little knowledge of the game, (Lee Tomlinson?)      ......just lots of cliches, and trying to look at the right camera?  Wonder who the producer is going out with? Ha!!  Bring back analysis and insight, and stop worrying about looks......would be my advice?    PS. We think we have it bad in the Championship, but the ref's lower down seem even more appalling?

48 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

On last again for the third week running 

Think it’s purely down to the matchups. All 3 of our games have essentially been the worst tie of the week in terms of 2 clubs who aren’t expected to do very much. 
Sunderland and Wigan both new teams plus Hull and us both at the bottom end last year. 
We’re not a very big draw. And when we’re playing teams who are also considered to be bottom 6/8 teams then it’s likely we’ll be the last game. 

Edit - which actually when thinking hard about that means a 1 point return vs 3 teams expected to struggle is actually a tad depressing!! On paper, these should have been 3 of our ‘easier’ matches this season. 

Edited by Harry

• Admin

As mentioned before Sky do a 15 minute highlights package on each Championship game

For anyone with Sky sports it is worth a look, decent highlights and interviews with both Managers

Only pain is the times vary as they are shown per kick off time then in alpha order (Friday match, Saturday AM, Saturday PM etc)

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

As mentioned before Sky do a 15 minute highlights package on each Championship game

For anyone with Sky sports it is worth a look, decent highlights and interviews with both Managers

Only pain is the times vary as they are shown per kick off time then in alpha order (Friday match, Saturday AM, Saturday PM etc)

I do hate seeing 6 replays of every goal…would rather have less replays and more game time covered

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I do hate seeing 6 replays of every goal…would rather have less replays and more game time covered

What about the EFL live streaming services the show replays during the live action? Thanks for missing city's only shot of the half ...

Does anyone know how the live streaming services work? My impression is that all match filming is controlled by EFL, with all live feeds going to the EFL digital hub for 'directing' and adding on screen graphics. I've no idea how the audio streams are added or how the non-ifollow streams then make it over to the clubs respective streaming partners. Nor how the 'in-studio' segments are handled.

I guess I shouldn't worry about how the sausage is made!

Interesting piece on Watford's 100 years at Vicarage Road last night. The first team to introduce a family stand which is now named after Ann Swanson the supporter who set it up. Made we wonder if there are any other grounds that have a stand named after a supporter rather than a player, chairman, director, owner etc. 

• Like 1