IGNORED

Janneh to Cambridge (Confirmed)

alexukhc

I was talking to someone yesterday about him.  Think he is raw, but can score goals beneath the Champ…probably Lg2, but possibly Lg1.  In the right side he could do well.  But he isn’t a Champ player imho.  Great character, love his confidence.

• Like 3

His last two or three games for the u23s weren't his best, his timing was way off - just couldn't get the ball under control, and he look devoid of confidence.

Hope he gets fixed up with a good club, best of luck to him.

Edit - Cambridge a decent level for him.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 1

Although injuries hampered his progress he never reached the levels his early promise suggested. Having been passed for 1st team consideration by Conway and Bell his presence would act as a blocker for the next generation coming through. I like the lad and he could well score goals at L1/2 level so Cambridge looks a good move. Wish him all the best. 

• Like 8

It's testament to the quality of player we have and are waiting to develop from the academy. I don't think it's that long ago that we would have had playing and hoping he will improve, rather than allowing him to go with our blessing. 

@Davefevs, what will be our approach to this move, would we waive any U23 compo in a trade for a potential sell on percentage? 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

It's testament to the quality of player we have and are waiting to develop from the academy. I don't think it's that long ago that we would have had playing and hoping he will improve, rather than allowing him to go with our blessing. 

@Davefevs, what will be our approach to this move, would we waive any U23 compo in a trade for a potential sell on percentage? 

My guess, small transfer fee and a sell-on.

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

That's he. That's quite some drop. I suppose he didn't exactly do much in the loans we sent him on so thats probably his level. Shame. 

Wasn't there some rumours of him "acting the gangsta" when he was on loan at Wrexham? He came back early, but not as early as they apparently wanted him to. Still only 23 as well, I wonder if he will grow up and get back to the game at some point?

Edited by Port Said Red

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Wasn't there some rumours of him "acting the gangsta" when he was on loan at Wrexham? He came back early, but not as early as they apparently wanted him to. Still only 23 as well, I wonder if he will grow up and get back to the game at some point?

What is acting the gangsta?

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I think, as far as I remember, there were a few attitude problems, possibly thinking he was better than he was, and quite possibly what @Port Said Red has mentioned above - something like that sounds familiar with someone, so quite possibly.

He wouldn't be the first young player to become a bit too big for his boots too quickly, and then drift away. That being said, many have also dropped off, realised what they could have had, then knuckle down and work their way back up. Hopefully for his sake, he's the latter, as there was clearly a player in there somewhere.

As I was typing this out though, a thought occurred to me about Hinds and his "attitude problems" - in that we  could also be describing Tyreeq Bakinson. Then I thought, I'm pretty sure that we signed both of them from Luton, around about the same time.....

Hinds officially announced as signing for us on Lutons website, 31st January 2017. 

Bakinson officially announced as signing for us, again on Lutons website,  31st August 2017.

Co-incidence or not?

Edited by Taz
  • Like 2
  • Hmmm 2

5 minutes ago, Taz said:

I think, as far as I remember, there were a few attitude problems, possibly thinking he was better than he was, and quite possibly what @Port Said Red has mentioned above - something like that sounds familiar with someone, so quite possibly.

He wouldn't be the first young player to become a bit too big for his boots too quickly, and then drift away. That being said, many have also dropped off, realised what they could have had, then knuckle down and work their way back up. Hopefully for his sake, he's the latter, as there was clearly a player in there somewhere.

As I was typing this out though, a thought occurred to me about Hinds and his "attitude problems" - in that we  could also be describing Tyreeq Bakinson. Then I thought, I'm pretty sure that we signed both of them from Luton, around about the same time.....

Hinds officially announced as signing for us on Lutons website, 31st January 2017. 

Bakinson officially announced as signing for us, again on Lutons website,  31st August 2017.

Co-incidence or not?

Interesting thought. I don't know anything about the club but they must have a lot of competition for young players in the area, you could see a scenario where they are lighter on the discipline with talented players, as inducement to stay? 

• Like 1