IGNORED

Austrian Training Camp

Davefevs

2 hours ago, The Bard said:

Absolutely.  They know what they're doing.  Ashton's 2 stooges have gone. There's a good familiarity there. Some new faces to freshen things up.

I think we're going to surprise a lot of people this season 

At how bad we are?

3 hours ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

The new robins uncut is a good watch. 

One of the best bits of business Nige has done is the decision to bring in Curtis Flemming. What a motivator. 

Passion in every word, and a really likeable guy too. 

A real good group of coaches, who seem aligned in their methods. Great to see the section where Andy King was discussing ideas with one of the coaches, shows his wealth of knowledge. 

There's a different energy surrounding this season, and it's a much more positive one. 

I'm not saying you aren't right and I'm deliberately playing devil's advocate here - but isn't he a defensive coach, where our defending was consistently woeful & what his record when he stepped up to take charge of the team in NP's absence...? 

He does seem a likable guy and I hope you are right that he's a key member of the staff - I'm just pointing out my first reaction to your post. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm not saying you aren't right and I'm deliberately playing devil's advocate here - but isn't he a defensive coach, where our defending was consistently woeful & what his record when he stepped up to take charge of the team in NP's absence...? 

He does seem a likable guy and I hope you are right that he's a key member of the staff - I'm just pointing out my first reaction to your post. 

No, he’s not a defensive coach, he’s the assistant manager.  He doesn’t have a positional role.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Maybe they flew via SL airlines..

I think the nearest airport would be Maribor, I don't think there are direct flights from Bristol to there (assuming they flew from Bristol) so could have taken a long time. Not cheap, and not cheap to put 'em all up.

If that was their route, I hope they found some time to have a quick trip arouund the town - it's a beautiful place.

8 hours ago, Lrrr said:

18 year old so not massively surprising if its the first (or perhaps second) time he's experienced the SDS test, especially in that heat

Glad to see he's there. Looks a real prospect, in the under 23s but we've only got him on a 1 year deal.

Hopefully he can prove his worth over the next few months, and we can extend it further.

5 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Glad to see he's there. Looks a real prospect, in the under 23s but we've only got him on a 1 year deal.

Hopefully he can prove his worth over the next few months, and we can extend it further.

Possibly a 1+1 contract ?

Either way, it will focus his mind on doing well this coming season.

The training camp is a fantastic opportunity for him to impress the manager.

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Possibly a 1+1 contract ?

Either way, it will focus his mind on doing well this coming season.

The training camp is a fantastic opportunity for him to impress the manager.

I think it's just a 1 year contract.

@GrahamC outlined to me, that it wasn't the easiest negotiation to get over the line, for a multitude of reasons.

I had no idea the location (Hotel im Park Bad Radkersburg with cycling to FC Bad Radkersburg ground) is where Leicester did pre-season prior to winning the Premier League.

Pearson had been taking them there for several seasons prior, and on that occasion it was even where Claudio Ranieri was actually appointed and introduced to the first team.

1541304637_Screenshot2022-06-28at08_41_24.thumb.png.2744f3d2de6affe70a6fd57fd03368c0.png 985135780_Screenshot2022-06-28at08_51_38.thumb.png.90d306643d7011a3dd2ad2da23da12bc.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Not very high up though, I thought it was supposed to be altitude training?

The club announcement initially mentioned an Alpine training camp ("City will be under-taking an Alpine training camp at the end of June") but this was soon amended to read a European training camp ("City will be under-taking a training camp in Europe at the end of June").

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Not very high up though, I thought it was supposed to be altitude training?

The town is 209 metres above sea level. As a comparison, Birmingham is 140 m above sea level and the WBA ground is the highest above sea level.

They will notice the reduction in oxygen levels compared with Bristol. Failand is 120 metres.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

The club announcement initially mentioned an Alpine training camp ("City will be under-taking an Alpine training camp at the end of June") but this was soon amended to read a European training camp ("City will be under-taking a training camp in Europe at the end of June").

Yeh, it is very much not an Alpine town, probably about 150km east of the end of the Alps. Looks to be in the extreme south east of Austria, right on the Slovenian border and not far from Hungary. Looks bloody lovely tbh. Love a European spa town I do.

My thoughts watching the video though were that some of those bikes need their seats raised. It's only a 2 mile bike ride each way...but if you do that several times a day with a low seat it's not going to be great for the hammies, glutes and quads.

1 hour ago, Olé said:

I had no idea the location (Hotel im Park Bad Radkersburg with cycling to FC Bad Radkersburg ground)

Google lists it as the Romantik Hotel im Park. Now my Austrian is a tad rusty but I'm gambling that im Englisch that is the "Romantic Hotel in the Park". What an apt place for some team bonding.

• Haha 1

Just watched day 2 and thought it was Interesting to see how often HNM was getting into the box and finishing well, if he can add that to his game this season his value will really soar.

Also enjoyed Williams "nominating a pocket" and hitting it in his finishing exercise.

• Like 1

On 28/06/2022 at 10:39, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh, it is very much not an Alpine town, probably about 150km east of the end of the Alps. Looks to be in the extreme south east of Austria, right on the Slovenian border and not far from Hungary. Looks bloody lovely tbh. Love a European spa town I do.

My thoughts watching the video though were that some of those bikes need their seats raised. It's only a 2 mile bike ride each way...but if you do that several times a day with a low seat it's not going to be great for the hammies, glutes and quads.

Google lists it as the Romantik Hotel im Park. Now my Austrian is a tad rusty but I'm gambling that im Englisch that is the "Romantic Hotel in the Park". What an apt place for some team bonding.

That's true but I have no idea how good a bike rider some of the players may be. Unless they've seconded Bernie Eisel to give them cycling lessons some may feel more comfortable controlling their bike from a low seat rather than dancing on the pedals. 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Just watched day 2 and thought it was Interesting to see how often HNM was getting into the box and finishing well, if he can add that to his game this season his value will really soar.

Also enjoyed Williams "nominating a pocket" and hitting it in his finishing exercise.

He's not going to sign a new contract though. It could influence the amount of compo we get (based on appearances and possibly any revised contract offer we make). If his form attracts EPL clubs and he stays here then the compo will be much higher than if he returns to France/the EU.

As long as he's here playing well, that will have to do. At least he's not doing a FD, claiming he'll be signing a new contract ...

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

He would……it was a 6 a side………….:cool2:

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Suprised to see the players not wearing helmets while cycling especially if they're on roads getting to and from the training pitch? 

I think I saw Han’s helmet in one of the videos…….

9A9EF105-4E9D-4578-B9B1-E7F9AB7DB035.jpeg

• Haha 4
  • Flames 1

49 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Suprised to see the players not wearing helmets while cycling especially if they're on roads getting to and from the training pitch? 

Why surprised? 

What about everyone that uses electric scooters in town...not a helmet on head to be seen...plenty of helmets though??

What would be funnier...if it were a training camp for boxers and they were wearing helmets on bikes.

Funny ol' world ??

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Why surprised? 

What about everyone that uses electric scooters in town...not a helmet on head to be seen...plenty of helmets though??

What would be funnier...if it were a training camp for boxers and they were wearing helmets on bikes.

Funny ol' world ??

Yeah but these guys are on thousands a week so thought the club would make them , and it can only take a little fall or a car to hit them to cause some serious injury. 

Just now, paul_fox said:

Yeah but these guys are on thousands a week so thought the club would make them , and it can only take a little fall or a car to hit them to cause some serious injury. 

I think you miss the irony...we also have a player that has had multiple concussions from head injury from playing football and is most likely retiring because of it.