IGNORED

Austrian Training Camp

Davefevs

On 28/06/2022 at 10:21, cidered abroad said:

The town is 209 metres above sea level. As a comparison, Birmingham is 140 m above sea level and the WBA ground is the highest above sea level.

They will notice the reduction in oxygen levels compared with Bristol. Failand is 120 metres.

They could drive 20 miles south of Bristol and stay in my mate's field. His farm is 290 metres above sea level. 

In the Mendip Alps. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know that Robins TV is going to be slightly Pravda-esque in terms of its club slant, but I’m impressed by what I’m seeing in terms of the fitness work and the spirit that seems to be being built. I reckon that Pearson fella knows a thing or two about building a team, both on and off the pitch.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, bexhill reds said:

I know that Robins TV is going to be slightly Pravda-esque in terms of its club slant, but I’m impressed by what I’m seeing in terms of the fitness work and the spirit that seems to be being built. I reckon that Pearson fella knows a thing or two about building a team, both on and off the pitch.

You could see them all getting behind Kalas yesterday.

• Like 1

On 28/06/2022 at 10:21, cidered abroad said:

The town is 209 metres above sea level. As a comparison, Birmingham is 140 m above sea level and the WBA ground is the highest above sea level.

They will notice the reduction in oxygen levels compared with Bristol. Failand is 120 metres.

They could have just come up to Dundry we are 208m above sea level, saved all tat travelling

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

They could have just come up to Dundry we are 208m above sea level, saved all tat travelling

I’m not sure I’ve heard of “cold weather training”…it’s always bloody cold “up” Dundry, even in the summer!

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m not sure I’ve heard of “cold weather training”…it’s always bloody cold “up” Dundry, even in the summer!

Haha we’re built different up here.

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

You could see them all getting behind Kalas yesterday.

That’s one of the reasons I posted. That was not an orchestrated reaction. There’s a team spirit in place which is what the management is driving toward and takes us back to other successful city teams. Not quite Cotterell-esque but definitely getting there.

1 hour ago, bexhill reds said:

Good for CB radios in the 80’s especially those who wanted “4 for a copy” with their  South Wales brethren.

Now you're talking. Street - where I grew up - used to be called "Sole City" because of it's C&J Clarks factory, among the breaker fraternity. 

• Like 1

Get the impression that Nige knows the tide is turning in our favour now. 

A change of attitude, application and personnel within the squad seems to have changed the culture within the club. 

It sounds like every player has worked hard during their time off and have exceeded expectations when returning for pre-season. 

It's starting to look like his squad now, whilst still missing one or two pieces, it certainly looks like a team he is happy to work with and feels he can get the best from.

Positive feelings for the season ahead. 

• Like 3

The Fleming mic’ed up footage has some interesting takeaways.

5 at the back, Vyner as a CDM & Sykes as a CAM.

Interesting one Sykes as to me it feels like he is very similar to what Szmodics was - will be interesting to see how he measures up.

Edited by Cardy

1 hour ago, Cardy said:

The Fleming mic’ed up footage has some interesting takeaways.

5 at the back, Vyner as a CDM & Sykes as a CAM.

Interesting one Sykes as to me it feels like he is very similar to what Szmodics was - will be interesting to see how he measures up.

Yep, there were a few more hints on system in that video.