IGNORED

Wimbledon

Super

That was one of the best games I’ve watched in a while. kyrgios gotta be a fair shout in winning the whole thing considering how good he is on grass. 

Sets up the excitement for an Unreal UFC card tonight nicely. Great weekend for sport 

Edited by petehinton

7 minutes ago, petehinton said:

That was one of the best games I’ve watched in a while. kyrgios gotta be a fair shout in winning the whole thing considering how good he is on grass. 

Sets up the excitement for an Unreal UFC card tonight nicely. Great weekend for sport 

How good he is on grass? He's never won a tournament on it.

25 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Absolutely loved it tbh. 

I didn't see what Kyrgios did in the first set mind, and if he did swear at line judges then he should've been defaulted. Tsitsapis was inches away from being defaulted too when he hit that ball into the crowd. 

Good game of tennis too, Tsitsapis backhand is really poor for a top 5 player. Kyrgios played great and with an open draw, who knows, he could reach the final. 

It reminded me of all the dirty tricks and animosity there used to be in junior tennis ?

Speaking as a man who has no love for tennis whatsoever, I flicked over to this and it was massively engaging. Ultimately, non fans aren’t going to be excited by Djokovic and Nadal again and again. Kyrgios shithousing and causing his opponent to lose it? Box office.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Speaking as a man who has no love for tennis whatsoever, I flicked over to this and it was massively engaging. Ultimately, non fans aren’t going to be excited by Djokovic and Nadal again and again. Kyrgios shithousing and causing his opponent to lose it? Box office.

For people that follow tennis it really isn't box office it's embarrassing. 

5 minutes ago, Super said:

For people that follow tennis it really isn't box office it's embarrassing. 

True. But “Nadal” isn’t trending - “Kyrgios” is. 

In the 80s, McEnroe was “Superbrat” and people tuned in because of that. As a casual observer, this seems to be the same thing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

True. But “Nadal” isn’t trending - “Kyrgios” is. 

In the 80s, McEnroe was “Superbrat” and people tuned in because of that. As a casual observer, this seems to be the same thing.

Kyrgios isn't trending for his Tennis. 

21 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Not a chance. As much as i would love  anyone but Djoc aint gona happen.

Would be brilliant if a real attacking player won the thing. Unless Novak breaks his ankle it's done and dusted.

Thankfully Alcaras looks the real deal ,attack minded player who has already at 19 beat Nadal and Jock on clay in the same tournament.

Cum on lad!!!!!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Not a chance. As much as i would love  anyone but Djoc aint gona happen.

Would be brilliant if a real attacking player won the thing. Unless Novak breaks his ankle it's done and dusted.

Thankfully Alcaras looks the real deal ,attack minded player who has already at 19 beat Nadal and Jock on clay in the same tournament.

Cum on lad!!!!!!

Sinner looked much better than Alcaraz today - was lucky enough to be on centre today! 

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

It is funny how people want characters in sport and then when one comes along they scream ‘NOT LIKE THAT!’

We prefer ones that don't swear and cheat. Like i said for the people that only watch Wimbledon then they will think he is good entertainment. Everyone else will think he's a knob.

12 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Not been charged as we would understand it apparently.  The word ‘charge’ in Oz means different to in UK they were saying on the radio 

Oh that's ok then.

21 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Not been charged as we would understand it apparently.  The word ‘charge’ in Oz means different to in UK they were saying on the radio 

Having lived in Oz for almost 20 years I can assure you that your statement is a tad off beam.

He is to appear in Canberra Magistrates Court on 2nd August charged with one count of domestic abuse. You wouldn't appear in court otherwise.

• Admin

Nick Kyrgios has been charged with assaulting his ex-girlfriend Chiara Passari, with the Australian tennis star due in court. The Canberra Times reported that Kyrgios will appear in a Canberra court next month after the alleged attack took place late last year.

A statement from the police confirmed ‘a 27-year-old Watson man’ will appear in ACT Magistrates Court in August on a common assault charge. The statement read: “ACT Policing can confirm a 27-year-old Watson man is scheduled to face the ACT Magistrates Court on the 2nd of August in relation to one charge of common assault following an incident in December 2021.”

The charge is said to be in relation to Kyrgios allegedly grabbing his former partner Passari and, if found guilty, he could face up to two years in jail.

Barrister Jason Moffett has confirmed his client was aware of the charge, and Kyrgios is taking the allegation ‘very seriously’. He told the Canberra Times : “It's in the context of a domestic relationship.

“The nature of the allegation is serious, and Mr Kyrgios takes the allegation very seriously. Given the matter is before the court ... he doesn't have a comment at this stage, but in the fullness of time we'll issue a media release."

The confirmation of his August court appearance comes just one day before his last-eight clash on the SW19 grass, as he takes on Cristian Garín on Wednesday.