IGNORED

Wimbledon

Super

58 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Having lived in Oz for almost 20 years I can assure you that your statement is a tad off beam.

He is to appear in Canberra Magistrates Court on 2nd August charged with one count of domestic abuse. You wouldn't appear in court otherwise.

Someone should tell the BBC then as they said ‘be careful with the word charge as it doesn’t mean what it means in the UK’

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Super said:

We prefer ones that don't swear and cheat. Like i said for the people that only watch Wimbledon then they will think he is good entertainment. Everyone else will think he's a knob.

I watch a lot more tennis than just Wimbledon and I think he's excellent entertainment. But thanks for speaking for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Someone should tell the BBC then as they said ‘be careful with the word charge as it doesn’t mean what it means in the UK’

Indeed someone should. He is considered charged at his first appearance. You can split hairs as much as you want but it is what it is.

Edited by BigTone

7 minutes ago, TomF said:

It’s just cringe.  Celebrating double faults and balls going long.  

The umpire should just tell them it’s not about them.  Shouting ‘come on Cam’ half a second before he throws the ball in the air and screaming because you think a ball has gone out but the play is still going is certainly cringe. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

The umpire should just tell them it’s not about them.  Shouting ‘come on Cam’ half a second before he throws the ball in the air and screaming because you think a ball has gone out but the play is still going is certainly cringe. 

You make it sound like it doesn't happen anywhere else, these are professional athletes that are used to it 

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Well done Cam superb effort and great support from the crowd.

Outstanding five set victory, now for Djokovic

20220705_192419.jpg

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

You don't have a problem with Kyrgios being disrespectful to fans, players and officials but you do with the fans?!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Super said:

You don't have a problem with Kyrgios being disrespectful to fans, players and officials but you do with the fans?!

Kyrgios definitely pushes it too far as well. To be fair it’s not hundreds doing it but there are quite a lot that love the attention. Why you have to scream when the ball is being thrown up is beyond me!

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

You make it sound like it doesn't happen anywhere else, these are professional athletes that are used to it 

Outstanding five set victory, now for Djokovic

20220705_192419.jpg

Norrie looked very annoyed a few times and complained to the umpire.  Each to their own though.  

Well done Cam.  If he doesn’t ever win it will people slag him off like they did Tim Henman?

• Like 2

• Admin

Random question, I don't know if anyone has been to Wimbledon, but what surprises me is that some of the games later in the day have lots of empty seats. I don't understand why those sat on the hillside don't get admitted to fill the spaces? 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Random question, I don't know if anyone has been to Wimbledon, but what surprises me is that some of the games later in the day have lots of empty seats. I don't understand why those sat on the hillside don't get admitted to fill the spaces? 

Been once. Great day out - Centre Court is like a football stadium, and I think it seats about 15k

From memory, I think if you leave one of the main courts before end of the days play, you deposit your ticket on the way out the gates and someone waiting in a queue takes your place. It was a few years back and i did spend a bit of time in the Stella bar so I may be a bit hazy there!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, phantom said:

I’ve been many times - it’s really poor. They re sell if people leave but they don’t get people in quick enough. 

• Thanks 1