IGNORED

Wimbledon

Super

28 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

He was in pain and had actually left the court, taken his kit and everything and the commentators thought he was going to retire, but he must have got some sort of treatment that let him carry on.

And like the champion he is got through the match. Interesting listening to Jack Wilshere saying of all the injuries the tear in his abdominal muscle tear was by far the worst.

On 02/07/2022 at 22:26, stephenkibby. said:

Not a chance. As much as i would love  anyone but Djoc aint gona happen.

Would be brilliant if a real attacking player won the thing. Unless Novak breaks his ankle it's done and dusted.

Thankfully Alcaras looks the real deal ,attack minded player who has already at 19 beat Nadal and Jock on clay in the same tournament.

Cum on lad!!!!!!

Here we go!

7 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I will be.

It’s a shame about his on-court character and behaviour, as he is a very talented and exciting tennis player.

Just also a shame he’s appearing in court next month for beating up his ex girlfriend too. Him vs Novak, feels like a lose lose on a personality front. Will be a great watch though. Still stand by the fact I think he has a real chance, especially if Novak starts as rusty as yesterday 

1 hour ago, Midred said:

She's not Russian but lives in Russia.

31 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

She was born in Moscow, to Russian parents!

Sounds pretty Russian to me.

She chose to represent Kazakhstan as the their tennis federation offered to fund her.

Thank you. Makes me wonder, cynical bastard that I am, how long has Putin been planning the invasion of Ukraine and foreseen how the West would react. Sports players like her may have been "advised" to move to some of the "Independent Countries" like Kazakhstan?

Edited by cidered abroad

25 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Thank you. Makes me wonder, cynical bastard that I am, how long has Putin been planning the invasion of Ukraine and foreseen how the West would react. Sports players like her may have been "advised" to move to some of the "Independent Countries" like Kazakhstan?

I don't think she has 'moved', as such, as she still has a flat in Moscow.

I believe she has been representing Kazakhastan for four years or so - for financial reasons, rather than political.