IGNORED

Ticket Prices Announced ?️?️

Super

Looks like they're unchanged bar the reduction in the family area.

Membership also announced today. Again looks to be unchanged from last season.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/benefit-from-202223-city-membership/

So still all a bit expensive, but at least not more so than last season.

If they do extra offers like Sunderland and Huddesfield then the £25 membership becomes decent value pretty quickly.

• The title was changed to Ticket Prices Announced 🎟️🏟️

First clear evidence of the influence of Richard Gould.

Excellent initiatives on membership & pricing. The Sunderland one is really smart, if people get into the habit of attending we have a chance of making it a regular occurrence.

Well done that man.

• Like 10

The Community trust seem so connected and in touch with the issues normal Bristolians (traditionally the type who would want to come and support City) are facing, particularly in Southern areas, and do such good work to assist struggling families. Single ticket and POTD prices, however, do not reflect that work at all. The Eastend essentially stood as a low income option for fans less than 10 years ago, a re-introduction of a lower price bracket for struggling families, particularly in these times, would not only be excellent PR but more importantly a kind-hearted gesture towards the communities that kept this club going for so many years. I know of many who have been gradually priced out since the re-development, and I believe the atmosphere on match days reflects that change of demographic too, you can feel it and see it within the stadium. 

I don’t believe the excuse of ‘this is happening everywhere’ is good enough anymore, we are at the beginning of a period of inflation in this country that could turn the tide for good. Why do we accept this? Look at pricing structures in Germany, they are worlds apart with the means of the many at the forefront of their decision making, even at the biggest clubs, and they aren’t suffering the extent of the problems we are as a country right now. I don’t get how anyone can look at £40 tickets to watch Bristol City and feel even the slightest bit comfortable. Call it out for what it is - ******* disgusting. 

Edited by Bouncearoundtheground
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

The Community trust seem so connected and in touch with the issues normal Bristolians (traditionally the type who would want to come and support City) are facing, particularly in Southern areas, and do such good work to assist struggling families. Single ticket and POTD prices, however, do not reflect that work at all. The Eastend essentially stood as a low income option for fans less than 10 years ago, a re-introduction of a lower price bracket for struggling families, particularly in these times, would not only be excellent PR but more importantly a kind-hearted gesture towards the communities that kept this club going for so many years. I know of many who have been gradually priced out since the re-development, and I believe the atmosphere on match days reflects that change of demographic too, you can feel it and see it within the stadium. 

I don’t believe the excuse of ‘this is happening everywhere’ is good enough anymore, we are at the beginning of a period of inflation in this country that could turn the tide for good. Why do we accept this? Look at pricing structures in Germany, they are worlds apart with the means of the many at the forefront of their decision making, even at the biggest clubs, and they aren’t suffering the extent of the problems we are as a country right now. I don’t get how anyone can look at £40 tickets to watch Bristol City and feel even the slightest bit comfortable. Call it out for what it is - ******* disgusting. 

Does the club run at a profit?

3 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

A barely half-full stadium on a match day can’t help

20k a week isn't barely half full especially when the capacity for football is 26kish,

The club are being entirely reasonable, they aren't immune from price rises anymore then you and I are,.the prices announced are entirely fair in my opinion and can't be compared with prices from even 10 years ago,

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

20k a week isn't barely half full especially when the capacity for football is 26kish,

The club are being entirely reasonable, they aren't immune from price rises anymore then you and I are,.the prices announced are entirely fair in my opinion and can't be compared with prices from even 10 years ago,

Come on, the attendance figures were realistically never at 20K barring maybe Hull when ticket prices were at a sensible level. Any other time it was said they reached those heights the claim was propped up by a large away attendance or was blatant, bare-faced bullshit. There were matches last season with swathes of empty seats and I’d be surprised if some games were pushing 12K. 

The whole ticketing structure in this country needs a reform, not just Bristol City. But for as long as people believe £40 to watch a championship football match is ‘entirely reasonable’ then it’s highly unlikely.

Just now, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Come on, the attendance figures were realistically never at 20K barring maybe Hull when ticket prices were at a sensible level. Any other time it was said they reached those heights the claim was propped up by a large away attendance or was blatant, bare-faced bullshit. There were matches last season with swathes of empty seats and I’d be surprised if some games were pushing 12K. 

The whole ticketing structure in this country needs a reform, not just Bristol City. But for as long as people believe £40 to watch a championship football match is ‘entirely reasonable’ then it’s highly unlikely.

12k? You are deluded

40 quid? Funny I see see it on the list attached above as 33 quid for a high profile game,

Considering it's about a tenner to watch portishead in the toll station league or 8 quid to watch backwell,

Then 33 quid to watch the second highest league in the country and the 9th best supported in Europe is entirely reasonable,

Especially if your team is losing between 15 and 30 million a season and has to get it's owner to bail them out,

This isn't the prem where ticket revenue is meaningless this is the championship where it makes up a vast amount of the clubs revenue,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

For the record, I would never pay £40 POTD prices, But it's not like it's £40 with no other option though is it? You're just picking on higher priced tickets when there is a reasonable spread of other options available.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

For the record, I would never pay £40 POTD prices, But it's not like it's £40 with no other option though is it? You're just picking on higher priced tickets when there is a reasonable spread of other options available.

Spot on.

A fair few years ago I couldn’t afford the price of my ST, so I moved to a cheaper part of the ground that year.

If you take out a membership you can see games for £20 or £25 in the Dolman, which seems reasonable to me, I also accept that some people can’t afford to watch all of them, but picking the most expensive seat in the most expensive part of the ground as if it is a typical price is nonsense.

Regarding the point that the ground isn’t as full as attendances suggest, well welcome to modern life, if it is on the red button & you’re travelling a significant distance on a night, plenty aren’t going to turn up, even though their seat is actually sold.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Anyone know how this compares to others in the championship. It seems slightly lower than last year but £35 to £45 to go in the dolman or lansdown isn’t gonna attract any new people to the area or floating support.

An adult season ticket in some parts of the Lansdown is £675 so it's not a surprise the on the day prices are what they are.

1 hour ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

But when you see the prices for the theatre or any gig involving a half decent artist the prices seem almost reasonable, the thing is you either pay them or end up not doing anything and cutting your nose off to spite your face, I know some genuinely are being priced out which is a shame but the club obviously think they can get away with charging the prices they do.

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

But when you see the prices for the theatre or any gig involving a half decent artist the prices seem almost reasonable, the thing is you either pay them or end up not doing anything and cutting your nose off to spite your face, I know some genuinely are being priced out which is a shame but the club obviously think they can get away with charging the prices they do.

Yeh I agree with what your saying but surely if the prices were a little cheaper we could have a couple or a few thousand more through the turnstiles spending more on drinks and food which would give us the same revenue or an even higher one . Wouldn’t we rather see less empty seats making the same revenue?.

1 minute ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Yeh I agree with what your saying but surely if the prices were a little cheaper we could have a couple or a few thousand more through the turnstiles spending more on drinks and food which would give us the same revenue or an even higher one . Wouldn’t we rather see less empty seats making the same revenue?.

Oh! I agree totally, it would be interesting to carry out an experiment I have often said the same about bus fares 30 people paying £2 is better than an near empty bus where the fare is a fiver.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, pillred said:

Oh! I agree totally, it would be interesting to carry out an experiment I have often said the same about bus fares 30 people paying £2 is better than an near empty bus where the fare is a fiver.

I think the club did analysis ages ago I think the outcome was something like that cost wasn't a determining factor, SL did an interview - I think that's where I saw it. They looked at it over multiple years and different cost points and different incentives and they found that even at something like 50% off not enough people turned up to cover additional costs such as additional stewards, it was something like at 50% off you might get a couple hundred extra people in. Things like concessions were already "full" for example, they couldn't get more people buying food and drink all they were doing was making people not want to queue for that long and turning people off.

Be interesting to see if they have done the analysis again since the redevelopment.

• Thanks 1