IGNORED

Ticket Prices Announced ?️?️

Super

Anybody know when they are going to announce what the loyalty scheme actually means and what perks you get?

Strange that S/T holders get it and now members yet still in the dark what it actually offers?

Normally when you pay for something you are fully briefed on what you are paying for.

Last year all members got £10 reward balance yet that is missing currently and presumably wrapped up as part of this loyalty scheme

Very reasonably priced if you’re a member. With the special prices for the Sunderland & Huddersfield games, you can get your £25 membership price “paid off” in 3 games.

Group tickets looks a decent option. Particularly during the winter months when local football tends to get called off on a Friday evening. 

Starting to see Richard Gould’s vision for increasing membership and attendances. 

6 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Come on, the attendance figures were realistically never at 20K barring maybe Hull when ticket prices were at a sensible level. Any other time it was said they reached those heights the claim was propped up by a large away attendance or was blatant, bare-faced bullshit. There were matches last season with swathes of empty seats and I’d be surprised if some games were pushing 12K. 

The whole ticketing structure in this country needs a reform, not just Bristol City. But for as long as people believe £40 to watch a championship football match is ‘entirely reasonable’ then it’s highly unlikely.

Doing anything these days is expensive.

4 tickets for a show at Hippodrome in Sept(no such things as child tickets), Upper circle so not the most expensive. Still with fees, £315.

My eldest going on a night out in Bristol easily spending £150 per night if it involves a nightclub. Life is just expensive now unfortunately.

As for the miscalculation of attendance. It's based on tickets sold, not how many actually turn up.

The crowd against Sunderland will still look relatively empty in the home ends as ST's will be on holiday. They will still count to the attendance however.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

4 tickets for a show at Hippodrome in Sept(no such things as child tickets), Upper circle so not the most expensive. Still with fees, £315.

My eldest going on a night out in Bristol easily spending £150 per night if it involves a nightclub. Life is just expensive now unfortunately.

As for the miscalculation of attendance. It's based on tickets sold, not how many actually turn up.

The crowd against Sunderland will still look relatively empty in the home ends as ST's will be on holiday. They will still count to the attendance however.

£150 ??

You want to ask him about his nasal habits Neil

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Come on, the attendance figures were realistically never at 20K barring maybe Hull when ticket prices were at a sensible level. Any other time it was said they reached those heights the claim was propped up by a large away attendance or was blatant, bare-faced bullshit. There were matches last season with swathes of empty seats and I’d be surprised if some games were pushing 12K. 

The whole ticketing structure in this country needs a reform, not just Bristol City. But for as long as people believe £40 to watch a championship football match is ‘entirely reasonable’ then it’s highly unlikely.

I completely agree, but the anger should be more directed at the FA, the EFL and the PL. The reason the prices are so god damn high is because of the players and their ridiculous wage demands. 

The sooner a cap is made on wages, the better. Then prices on tickets can drop, clubs won't be in such a financial mess trying to reach the promised land by overspending as often, and you'll pack more stadiums as more locals will be able to afford going. 

Whilst we have a billionaire owner, this isn't entirely the clubs fault. Yes, they could lower them, yes I think they should lower them, but as we've already found out with our finances, we run very close to the wire as it is, reducing ticket prices won't really help the club. 

Sadly, doesn't seem likely any wage cap will come into play for a long, long time, if ever. 

Can't ever see ticket prices dropping, unless relegated. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The Bard said:

£150 ??

You want to ask him about his nasal habits Neil

That's what a fair few would spend without any of that bravery powder. £5-£6 a pint, a few shots, nightclub entry + nightclub drinks prices, late night greasy food, and a taxi at an extortionate price and that's gone. Plus most people don't even know what they are spending nowadays until the morning after, as they don't take out cash either.

• Admin
5 hours ago, TheReds said:

That's what a fair few would spend without any of that bravery powder. £5-£6 a pint, a few shots, nightclub entry + nightclub drinks prices, late night greasy food, and a taxi at an extortionate price and that's gone. Plus most people don't even know what they are spending nowadays until the morning after, as they don't take out cash either.

Was going to say I quite easily spend that on a night out. 

A few rounds at £25-£30 is easily done 

As a non season ticket holder, who simply can't afford one and wont see more than 2/3 games this season so not sure a Membership is viable, if anyone who is a ST holder and doesn't have two friends to invite on the 12.50 game, I would be very happy if someone could help me get one of the £12.50 tickets in the Dolman Wings, would happily pay someone £17.50, so they can get a pint or something as a thank you. No worries if there is no one who can do it, but thought I would pop a message out there in case there was someone who would be able to to assist. Thanks

8 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Staggering someone could justify that. After bills and food and taxes, I would be amazed if I even had that left at the end of a month! For me it's a nice long walk with the Dog and take in the Exmoor scenery. It only costs fresh air and time, and you get to appreciate the world. I couldn't imagine going out and spending £150, unless it involved paying for fuel, which at the going rate, £150 in fuel might get me to Exeter the way things are going (about 20 miles). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robin for life said:

As a non season ticket holder, who simply can't afford one and wont see more than 2/3 games this season so not sure a Membership is viable, if anyone who is a ST holder and doesn't have two friends to invite on the 12.50 game, I would be very happy if someone could help me get one of the £12.50 tickets in the Dolman Wings, would happily pay someone £17.50, so they can get a pint or something as a thank you. No worries if there is no one who can do it, but thought I would pop a message out there in case there was someone who would be able to to assist. Thanks

Don't worry, there will be plenty of people on here (myself included) who will be happy to pass out their codes. There will probably even be a thread dedicated to it. And definitely no need for you to pay for a pint for anyone!

• Like 3
  • Robin 3

16 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Surely it doesn’t need to be explained again how attendances are calculated?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Surely it doesn’t need to be explained again how attendances are calculated?

Apparently it does! I’d like to see the logic behind the club exaggerating the attendances. I know in days gone by we used to be sure they were understated, presumably for the taxman’s benefit.

12 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Apparently it does! I’d like to see the logic behind the club exaggerating the attendances. I know in days gone by we used to be sure they were understated, presumably for the taxman’s benefit.

Wouldn’t it be nice if they gave us both :

- tickets sold

- people through the turnstiles 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Wouldn’t it be nice if they gave us both :

- tickets sold

- people through the turnstiles 

I suppose their argument against this is what does the latter figure then actually prove?

People have paid for their ticket but then not turned up, but this could then be for a large number of reasons, on holiday, ill health, have something else on, it’s on the red button, have to work.

From the club’s perspective they can’t sell the seat twice, so why are they sharing this information?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I suppose their argument against this is what does the latter figure then actually prove?

People have paid for their ticket but then not turned up, but this could then be for a large number of reasons, on holiday, ill health, have something else on, it’s on the red button, have to work.

From the club’s perspective they can’t sell the seat twice, so why are they sharing this information?

So clubs can brag about their true attendances ???

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

So clubs can brag about their true attendances ???

Stating tickets sold is an EFL edict - basically the clubs agree that quoting this figure (and ignoring the actual attendance) is in their best interests. It's hard to disagree with this (think marketing, profile), but its just another (maybe minor) way in which the game is being taken away from the fans. When I was a kid I loved seeing what size crowd I was in (little did I realise that the attendences were probably being understated, in part due to gatemen on the take). I think clubs should be required to state the true attendance figure alongside tickets sold. A quick win for the fan-led review (is that actually happening?), and something it would be hard for the clubs to argue successfully against.,

12 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Stating tickets sold is an EFL edict - basically the clubs agree that quoting this figure (and ignoring the actual attendance) is in their best interests. It's hard to disagree with this (think marketing, profile),

It undoubtedly plays into the “5th biggest league in Europe” hype so I can see why. 

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

It undoubtedly plays into the “5th biggest league in Europe” hype so I can see why. 

I think it has to be based on tickets sold rather then people through the turnstile from a legal standpoint,

• Thanks 1