IGNORED

Will Cardiff remain 15:00..

BCFC1512

5 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Gotta announce soon then surely, tickets on sale Friday 

Don't forget they seem able to change it whenever they want, even post the tickets going on sale. Which is obviously a nonsense and a pain.

29 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not sure that actually makes any difference - games get moved very short notice for TV

Who knows when the Police will make their call on what happens

Exactly. A&S police will ensure the ko time is moved - a Sunday 12:30pm is likely. It’ll be the same in Cardiff.

3 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

what’s the latest they can change a fixture? 

In America, once the NFL fixture list is announced it's "set in stone".The authorities state that the game is part of the entertainment sphere. Fans will have bought tickets and made travel arrangements, so the game must go on. That's why over there, game go ahead despite torrential rain, heavy snow and large injury lists. There was a NFL  game a few months back when home fans were asking "Who's he" as due to injuries their club had  fielded the 4th or 5th choice player in one position.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I know it was discussed at the time, but does anybody know whether Cardiff were actually invoiced for repairs to the damaged toilets and, if so, whether they settled the invoice?

I never heard anymore, but if you PM next Wednesday I can ask the question for you at the SC&T meeting where the Police liaison officer attends 

21 minutes ago, Chessels Chick said:

Coming back from holiday in Peak District that day so hoping it will stay at 3pm or even better be moved to the Sunday!

I’m praying in ain’t moved to the Sunday as fly to Greece in the early hours of Sunday morning ??

Can defo see it being 12.30 and on Sky on the Saturday

Does bringing fixtures forward a couple of hours really make a difference these days? With all day drinking and the drug culture around football I don’t really see what difference it makes especially for high profile potential flash point games. 

Edited by One Team
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, One Team said:

Does bringing fixtures forward a couple of hours really make a difference these days? With all day drinking and the drug culture around football I don’t really see what difference it makes especially for high profile potential flash point games. 

Certainly didn't make any difference in the corresponding fixture last season!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 22A said:

In America, once the NFL fixture list is announced it's "set in stone".The authorities state that the game is part of the entertainment sphere. Fans will have bought tickets and made travel arrangements, so the game must go on. That's why over there, game go ahead despite torrential rain, heavy snow and large injury lists. There was a NFL  game a few months back when home fans were asking "Who's he" as due to injuries their club had  fielded the 4th or 5th choice player in one position.

That's not entirely accurate... Towards the end of the season, games in the primetime slot are often swapped (or flexed) at the last minute if the teams originally scheduled to play aren't involved in the playoff race. To quote the NFL, "Flexible scheduling ensures quality matchups in all Sunday time slots in those weeks and gives "surprise" teams a chance to play their way into primetime".

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

I’m praying in ain’t moved to the Sunday as fly to Greece in the early hours of Sunday morning ??

Can defo see it being 12.30 and on Sky on the Saturday

Well I'd be happy to leave early to make lunchtime KO but not so sure about him indoors ...however this is a must make match as already going to miss first two home games! And as I'm the driver ???

3 hours ago, 22A said:

You can also buy tickets MONTHS in advance, something this American super struggled with when trying to see City on my trips across the pond. 

7 minutes ago, New2City said:

You can also buy tickets MONTHS in advance, something this American super struggled with when trying to see City on my trips across the pond. 

For what it's worth, all of the home games up to and including Boxing Day go on sale on Friday (General Sale next Monday). Think it's the first time we've done it like this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, One Team said:

I think it's to contain the spread of away fans - with pubs opening at 11 or 12 it's pretty easy to contain fans around one or two pubs if they've only got an hour for a drink. 3 hours and groups can be spread out all over a town in different areas and far harder to manage and "transit to the game" as they like to call it. Look how we get treated in Cardiff and Swansea.

You can go a step further and be complete ****s like South Wales Police and combine the early kick off with banning City fans from every pub in Cardiff as per last season. An extreme and calculated restriction on all aspects of matchday.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Olé said:

I think it's to contain the spread of away fans - with pubs opening at 11 or 12 it's pretty easy to contain fans around one or two pubs if they've only got an hour for a drink. 3 hours and groups can be spread out all over a town in different areas and far harder to manage and "transit to the game" as they like to call it. Look how we get treated in Cardiff and Swansea.

You can go a step further and be complete ****s like South Wales Police and combine the early kick off with banning City fans from every pub in Cardiff as per last season. An extreme and calculated restriction on all aspects of matchday.

All good points Rob mate, I was thinking about the likes of Wetherspoons open from 8am (or earlier) and shops where you can alcohol anytime. Plus of course some people choose other recreational drugs! 

21 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I know it was discussed at the time, but does anybody know whether Cardiff were actually invoiced for repairs to the damaged toilets and, if so, whether they settled the invoice?

They put a £1 levy on ticket sales after that so money went to damage. Vast majority of Cardiff fans were outraged by damage and wanted those involved named and shamed and made to pay for  mess they caused