IGNORED

Summer International Rugby

TonyTonyTony

On 09/07/2022 at 11:42, Super said:

Spot on. He has to go if we lose today forget about the WC next year pretty sure Andy Robinson got the boot close to the 2007 WC and we did pretty well then

I bet @MichaelRobartesenjoyed that this morning!

I certainly did! Series decider will be interesting. Really good to see so many third test deciders this summer. It looked like we'd be in for at least a couple of whitewashes this time last week.

On Eddie, SA also appointed Rassie at the end of June 2017 halfway through a WC cycle and did okay in 2019.

Who would England realistically get to replace him?

4 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Absolutely incredible performance. The RFU need to get their chequebook out for Farrell...

Hands off lads. Ye already left him go :laughcont:

2 hours ago, Super said:

That must be the greatest achievement in Irish Rugby history. Incredible.

For me its still the Grand Slams but it's really special. Growing up watching us get hockeyed by NZ (and most other teams) I'd have laughed you out of the room if you'd said we'd win a test against them anywhere. A series win in NZ is unbelievable.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

My All Blacks team needs to sort a lot of things out. But come the World Cup,  we will be back to our best. 

I’ll be honest here : The All Blacks have lost their fear factor that used to give them a lead in the game before it even kicked off. Of course you can never rule them out, but right now they are 4th favourites for the WC.

32 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

Well played Ireland ?? 

My All Blacks team needs to sort a lot of things out. But come the World Cup,  we will be back to our best. 

If we played in the WC QF next weekend, you'd still knock us out :laughcont:

I think Chicago was massive for Ireland. We got so used to losing against NZ that it was hard to see where that first win would come from.

16 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Hands off lads. Ye already left him go :laughcont:

For me its still the Grand Slams but it's really special. Growing up watching us get hockeyed by NZ (and most other teams) I'd have laughed you out of the room if you'd said we'd win a test against them anywhere. A series win in NZ is unbelievable.

Do you think Ireland may have peaked too far out from the WC? Right now they would be one of the favourites with SA and France but a lot can happen in a year.

2 hours ago, Super said:

Do you think Ireland may have peaked too far out from the WC? Right now they would be one of the favourites with SA and France but a lot can happen in a year.

I honestly don't know. I think there are a few guys unavailable or not selected who could come in and improve the team. I don't worry too much about World Cups because we tend to perform so poorly in them. 

• Like 1