IGNORED

New deal for King

WarksRobin

16 minutes ago, SBB said:

I don’t think it’s beyond the realm of possibility. 

1 minute ago, bris red said:

Far too early to say isn’t it. Management only works out well for a very small % of ex - pro’s.

Indeed.

I do think there is some possible succession planning being considered. Keep your options open at least.

With his injury record it is a concern if we are counting on him being a player for us for the whole  season. And do his wages block another signing. Delighted with the signings to date. But in the last few weeks our precious money has  gone on a new coach and an injury prone senior player as a player/coach. I would have said we have bigger priorities on the playing side. Hopefully that is being looked at. But it all seems to have gone quiet on any new players coming in. Particularly the defensive midfielder which we do desperately need.

34 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

With his injury record it is a concern if we are counting on him being a player for us for the whole  season. And do his wages block another signing. Delighted with the signings to date. But in the last few weeks our precious money has  gone on a new coach and an injury prone senior player as a player/coach. I would have said we have bigger priorities on the playing side. Hopefully that is being looked at. But it all seems to have gone quiet on any new players coming in. Particularly the defensive midfielder which we do desperately need.

As he’s now oa player/coach, not all his wages will count towards ffp.

24 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

As he’s now oa player/coach, not all his wages will count towards ffp.

Under current FFP rules you are not correct.

Academy costs are excluded, but anyone with a professional playing contract (like Rene) isn’t excluded.

image.thumb.png.0949d150d076e32789ff27a50b74cda7.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Mis-read something previously then!

Was a lot of rumours going around when Rooney signed as player-coach (initially) for Derby 1) that his wages were paid by 32Red and 2) a portion of it was excluded from FFP.  Both were incorrect…although with Mel,Morris, god on knows what ended up in the accounts!

6 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

Football isn't just about the 11 in the pitch, king brings vital experience, the right attitude and will help younger players develop,

How the **** does him extending his contract (more then likely on reduced terms) block a player coming in?

It's never happened before it won't happen now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Football isn't just about the 11 in the pitch, king brings vital experience, the right attitude and will help younger players develop,

How the **** does him extending his contract (more then likely on reduced terms) block a player coming in?

This, this and this. 

Pearson is all about attitude and the right people to be here. King is one of those people, the new signings all seem to have the same type of winning mentality and attitude. I cannot understand why people just don't seem to see it!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

And do his wages block another signing.

I would imagine a bit of accounting jiggery-pokery is being done (that's a technical term, BTW). So him being a coach means part of his salary is shifted to the coaching side, freeing some wages. And I doubt his wages are high.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Under current FFP rules you are not correct.

Academy costs are excluded, but anyone with a professional playing contract (like Rene) isn’t excluded.

image.thumb.png.0949d150d076e32789ff27a50b74cda7.png

But internally, some of his wages could be treated as coaching costs, ergo releasing some of the playing budget for another new face? Plus Palmer going frees up a bit of headroom (although mostly we'll probably see that as part of a wage budget reduction)

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

No offence but I think it is  ****obvious. With a limited budget money spent on King reduces the amount we have to spend on other players. And we have just signed a new coach in Jason Euell to presumably do all the things stated in your post. 

1 minute ago, Redrascal2 said:

No offence but I think it is  ****obvious. With a limited budget money spent on King reduces the amount we have to spend on other players. And we have just signed a new coach in Jason Euell to presumably do all the things stated in your post. 

How does he reduce the amount he was already on the books, if anything having reduced terms actually increases the amount we have to spend,

Also can you please share with us all Bristol City's budget for this season as you obviously know more the Richard gould and nigel Pearson who both signed off on this deal,

No offense but I think that's ******* obvious 

• Like 1