IGNORED

If anyone is interested to see where Brett Pitman is now...

shahanshahan

1 minute ago, alexukhc said:

Doing this so he can do academy coaching with Bournemouth 

Ah, fair enough! That makes sense

Just saw this article. He got loaned out to Eastleigh last season

https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/bristol-rovers/brett-pitman-takes-up-premier-league-coaching-gig-after-bristol-rovers-release-3717617

He must be nearly 40 by now surely?

A limited player but could be deadly from within six yard box.  Scored some memorable goals - night match away at Watford springs to mind. We were clinging on to a 2-1 lead going into injury time and he absolutely smashed a volley in to give us the points.  Can't remember what season but no doubt someone else will.

15 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

He must be nearly 40 by now surely?

A limited player but could be deadly from within six yard box.  Scored some memorable goals - night match away at Watford springs to mind. We were clinging on to a 2-1 lead going into injury time and he absolutely smashed a volley in to give us the points.  Can't remember what season but no doubt someone else will.

He was born in 1988, a year before me ?

1 hour ago, redysteadygo said:

My memory of Pitman was that he was a team player and if in the area with a possible shooting chance but a colleague was in a better position he would play them in unlike a certain striker we have at the moment.

First and last time Semenyo will ever get compared to Pittman

6 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

He was born in 1988, a year before me ?

Had to check that you were right because I didn't believe it - 4 years younger than me bit looks at least 10 years older!!

"Playing" for that other lot must have aged him terribly is all I can say!

23 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

That's him. Poor player, good shot. 

We never used him properly. He`d come on and score two goals to save/win the game and next week be back getting splinters in his arse. When he did start, we stuck him out wide. He was treated really poorly football-wise at City.

• Like 7

19 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

We never used him properly. He`d come on and score two goals to save/win the game and next week be back getting splinters in his arse. When he did start, we stuck him out wide. He was treated really poorly football-wise at City.

I recall people criticising him because he "didn't look like he enjoyed his football".  Who cares!  He scored goals. 

Signing for a Portsmouth area amateur club allows him to continue playing, it's not too big a journey to get to his coaching job in Bournemouth and allows easy ferry and flight access to his native Jersey. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

I recall people criticising him because he "didn't look like he enjoyed his football".  Who cares!  He scored goals. 

Signing for a Portsmouth area amateur club allows him to continue playing, it's not too big a journey to get to his coaching job in Bournemouth and allows easy ferry and flight access to his native Jersey. 

Not too big a journey?

He’s a Jersey Boy, he should Walk, Like A Man…

• Haha 2