IGNORED

Birmingham - Bowyer sacked

Davefevs

Another season of relegation worries ?

Not sure of the actual squad, but their transfer dealings so far aren't that good;

In
Finley Thorndike (free, Aston Villa)

Out
Fran Villalba (undisclosed, Sporting Gijon)
Jeremie Bela (released)
Renedi Masampu (released)
Kristian Pedersen (free, FC Koln)
Kane Thompson-Sommers (released)
Connal Trueman (released)
Yoane Zohore (released)
Ivan Sanchez (undisclosed, Real Valladolid)

They truly are the “Second City Sags”!

Whatever our concerns about finances and point deductions etc this season, there are definitely at least 2 Championship clubs (Brum and Reading) which are in a complete mess with only 4 weeks until the first game of the season.

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Did they ever reopen that stand they were forced to close?

No.

Work colleague is a season ticket holder there.

All the ST holders in those stands were moved before the start of last season. They were told it would be "for a few months".

No progress at all was made during last season. The bill to sort it apparently runs into "several millions". Their current owners clearly don't have it / aren't prepared to spend it.

The stands are likely to remain closed until a new buyer comes in. There don't appear to be any interested parties on the horizon. 

Just now, The Gasbuster said:

No.

All the ST holders in those stands were moved before the start of last season. They were told it would be "for a few months".

No progress at all was made during last season. The bill to sort it apparently runs into "several millions". Their current owners clearly don't have it / aren't prepared to spend it.

The stands are likely to remain closed until a new buyer comes in. There don't appear to be any interested parties on the horizon. 

Same a Derby, there will be people interested in taking the club on, once the price has dropped and the full extent of the investment to get them back on an even keel is known.

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Same a Derby, there will be people interested in taking the club on, once the price has dropped and the full extent of the investment to get them back on an even keel is known.

Could Birmingham and Derby make a team between them? ?

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm quite amused by the fact that the Birmingham statement claims the board have "acted swiftly" in making this decision ahead of the upcoming season. Eight weeks doesn't feel that swift to me...

It's imminent, compared to 9 months on administration!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm quite amused by the fact that the Birmingham statement claims the board have "acted swiftly" in making this decision ahead of the upcoming season. Eight weeks doesn't feel that swift to me...

I was a bit perplexed by that also. Swift in relation to what? They do realise last season finished weeks ago, most clubs (like us) have been back in training a few weeks, and done both incoming and outgoing business already.

If pre season is the most important time of the season then the owners would have appeared to have royally f'd things up for them.

Season 2 Lol GIF by Friends

Edited by cityal

1 hour ago, Midred said:

Could Birmingham and Derby make a team between them? ?

Yes they could, if a few young players were included in the squad. It would probably just about be good enough to enable them to struggle in League 2 

18 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Did they ever reopen that stand they were forced to close?

18 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

No.

It’s not one whole stand, is it? Seemed to be the front half of every stand last time we were there. 

32 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I tried to look at their forum to see what their fans were saying, but it's such a mess and covered in ads that I struggled to get into any threads.

Absolutely!  

Just had a look and it’s basically a pop-up ad site, making a pathetic and futile attempt to look like a fan’s forum.  What a shambles of a site, but actually quite fitting for that club atm.

Thank heaven for OTIB!!! ?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Absolutely!  

Just had a look and it’s basically a pop-up ad site, making a pathetic and futile attempt to look like a fan’s forum.  What a shambles of a site, but actually quite fitting for that club atm.

Thank heaven for OTIB!!! ?

I finally got into a thread that started on Thursday, they are almost unanimous in wanting to Bowyer to leave and then happy he has gone.

They think he had been leaking negative stuff to the press and engineering his sacking and annoyed that he hasn't just walked. They think the timing of the sacking is because the pay off will be less as he is the last year of his contract.

Also rumours of a takeover and that the new owners would have sacked him anyway, if they aren't already pulling strings.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I finally got into a thread that started on Thursday, they are almost unanimous in wanting to Bowyer to leave and then happy he has gone.

They think he had been leaking negative stuff to the press and engineering his sacking and annoyed that he hasn't just walked. They think the timing of the sacking is because the pay off will be less as he is the last year of his contract.

Also rumours of a takeover and that the new owners would have sacked him anyway, if they aren't already pulling strings.

Interesting.  

Sounds like they think things are going to be improving with him gone then and  I wonder how they think that will help re-open the stands?!

Looks like it could be quite entertaining following the Brum off-field saga this coming year!

• Like 1

Thought he did ok there all things considered, but obviously, like us, the point deductions to Reading and Derby were a big help. They were never in danger of going down which was about the best they could have hoped for. We were a big help to them too, did they do the double over anyone else but us?