IGNORED

Birmingham - Bowyer sacked

Davefevs

1 hour ago, fgrsimon said:

Thought he did ok there all things considered, but obviously, like us, the point deductions to Reading and Derby were a big help. They were never in danger of going down which was about the best they could have hoped for. We were a big help to them too, did they do the double over anyone else but us?

They shockingly beat Luton 3-0 and 5-0 last season

• Confused 1

Look at their ownership model since 2014 - when Carson Yeung was jailed for money laundering - then look at whether criticisms of Mr Lansdown are justified in terms of running our club? We have a passionate Bristolian running our club - he won’t always get it right, but he cares so much about Bristol City - would you swap him for the various owners of Birmingham City over the last decade or so?!

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Look at their ownership model since 2014 - when Carson Yeung was jailed for money laundering - then look at whether criticisms of Mr Lansdown are justified in terms of running our club? We have a passionate Bristolian running our club - he won’t always get it right, but he cares so much about Bristol City - would you swap him for the various owners of Birmingham City over the last decade or so?!

The points you’re making have little / no relation to the criticism(s) levelled at SL.  Nobody thinks SL is an underhand owner.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The points you’re making have little / no relation to the criticism(s) levelled at SL.  Nobody thinks SL is an underhand owner.

No, but some would welcome in a wealthy foreign owner without really knowing their background or underlying motivations.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Leveller said:

No, but some would welcome in a wealthy foreign owner without really knowing their background or underlying motivations.

To be fair, I think the majority (or I hope so) would prefer Lansdown to stay... but for him to just make better footballing decisions/trust the right people to make those footballing decisions.

That is where his record is iffy.

Edited by The Journalist
  • Like 3

Birmingham seem a mess but it is quite an interesting appointment. A bit like QPR, they've gone for someone in the game who has been tipped as a potentially good manager for a while. (Although the fact he was at QPR and they didn't go for him may tell a story.) Sounds like he is inheriting a mess, though. 

Edited by LondonBristolian

8 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Birmingham seem a mess but it is quite an interesting appointment. A bit like QPR, they've gone for someone in the game who has been tipped as a potentially good manager for a while. (Although the fact he was at QPR and they didn't go for him may tell a story.) Sounds like he is inheriting a mess, though. 

He is inheriting a mess, both on and off the pitch.

Given their problems, and the fact they've been in relegation scraps for the last 6 seasons, they must be due the drop this season.

Last six seasons - 20th, 18th, 20th, 17th, 19th, 19th.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

QPR have recovered from their mess whilst Birmingham look like they want to be put out their misery and relegated. A few seasons in league 1 as a reality check and they'll probably recover.  You just can't be run like a basket case and get away with it in the Championship unless you have a 'cash' owner willing to cover their own mistakes. 

21 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Loads of people, both on here and in real life, have said it’s time for Mr Lansdown to sell up and go - therefore, by highlighting the owners that Birmingham City have had over the last decade, I guess I was simply highlighting the ‘be careful what you wish for’ mantra once again - a lot of the criticisms aimed at Mr Lansdown are valid and he isn’t perfect. I’ve often maligned him on here for being scared of appointing a top manager since he got his fingers burnt by Steve Coppell, until he finally gave NP the job.

But, we’ve got a mega rich Bristolian owner who cares passionately about our club. The Brummies would have given anything to have had one of their own at the helm of their once proud club over the last decade. We’ve got Mr Lansdown - now I’ve long since resigned myself to realising Bristol City will never win the premier league (unlike the club you really support) and I’ve also reluctantly accepted we will never win the champions league (unlike the club you really support). So, given that, I’m really happy we’ve got a proper owner - fans of loads and loads of football clubs in this country would love to say that ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

On 04/07/2022 at 10:16, The Journalist said:

To be fair, I think the majority (or I hope so) would prefer Lansdown to stay... but for him to just make better footballing decisions/trust the right people to make those footballing decisions.

That is where his record is iffy.

And this is where the penny, finally, seems to have dropped with the Nigel Pearson being given the chance to manage and the develop the club. 

• Admin
22 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

That interview was comical.

Hes right up there with mr knighton.

Most owners would have said, we have had a choppy few years, i intend to turn it around.

He was like dont worry, im here now, we will win the leauge!

I hope they give him a weekly slot, he's absolutely bananas 

• Like 1