IGNORED

SAFE STANDING>

pillred

20 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

I say make the whole south stand all standing 

No thanks, I quite like my seat where it is.

20 hours ago, Pezo said:

And non reserved.

No thanks I am more than happy with my seat where it is 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

I say no to that, some people can't stand foe 90 minutes why should they be forced to move?

I suppose a way round that would be to give supporters a years notice, I was kicked out of my seat in the Atyeo when it became a family section the club did not seem to mind doing that, would a safe standing East end boost capacity in the event we actually got promoted?

• Like 2

Just now, pillred said:

I suppose a way round that would be to give supporters a years notice, I was kicked out of my seat in the Atyeo when it became a family section the club did not seem to mind doing that, would a safe standing East end boost capacity in the event we actually got promoted?

And where do you move 4000 fans with out increasing the price of their tickets?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

And where do you move 4000 fans with out increasing the price of their tickets?

Not all those 4K would need to move.

The most sensible way of doing it would be to stick to the original plan. Safe standing along the back of the South Stand, and front of the Dolman.  

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Not all those 4K would need to move.

The most sensible way of doing it would be to stick to the original plan. Safe standing along the back of the South Stand, and front of the Dolman.  

Indeed, 

34 minutes ago, pillred said:

Might have it wrong, but I don't think safe standing increases capacity, one standing spot is one seat (I think).

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Might have it wrong, but I don't think safe standing increases capacity, one standing spot is one seat (I think).

Pretty sure you’re right there.  Whan stadiums went all seater, capacities were significantly reduced.  

You can bet with H&S these days, they wouldn’t let us revert to jam packed terraces again and it will be a staight swop from 1 person seated, to 1 standing.

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

No thanks, I quite like my seat where it is.

No thanks I am more than happy with my seat where it is 

Would you mind being in it 20 mins before kickoff so I can sit/stand with friends?

20 mins before kickoff the whole stand is pretty much empty and you can choose whatever seat you want including your current seat if you like.

At the moment I can't bring friends because they can't get seats anywhere near me.

10 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Would you mind being in it 20 mins before kickoff so I can sit/stand with friends?

20 mins before kickoff the whole stand is pretty much empty and you can choose whatever seat you want including your current seat if you like.

At the moment I can't bring friends because they can't get seats anywhere near me

Your friends could always get season tickets in a different part of the ground so you can all sit together 

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Your friends could always get season tickets in a different part of the ground so you can all sit together 

They are pretty casual, they aren't going to get season tickets. They currently do 1 or 2 a season when everyone (5 or more) can make it, when it's just the odd 1 or 2 that want to go they tend to drop out because we can't all sit together but they usually have good intentions 7/8 times a season.

23 hours ago, Pezo said:

They are pretty casual, they aren't going to get season tickets. They currently do 1 or 2 a season when everyone (5 or more) can make it, when it's just the odd 1 or 2 that want to go they tend to drop out because we can't all sit together but they usually have good intentions 7/8 times a season.

So basically you want your occasional visitors to have priority over season ticket holders.

56 minutes ago, Leveller said:

So basically you want your occasional visitors to have priority over season ticket holders.

Can you define priority in this instance? If your definition is so they can attend and we get extra people in the stadium to what most of us see as a social event that we like to enjoy with friends over people "owning seats" in one stand then yes. But that's no definition of priority I've ever heard of.

It's not like they are taking priority over ticket availablity, you can still get priority over your seat by turning up first, I'm also not saying do it in every stand, so you have options but at the moment these casual supporters don't have any option other than to attend but sit by themselves thus defeating the objective of coming or to not attend - of which they pick not to attend because we can't sit together.

Carabao Cup final to host return of safe standing

The Carabao Cup final between Manchester United and Newcastle on February 26 at Wembley, live on Sky Sports, will be the first major domestic English men’s final in almost 35 years to have safe standing.

Both clubs will receive an allocation of 867 seats within new standing areas at Wembley, located behind each goal, in both the East and West Stands.

EFL and Premier League clubs have been permitted to introduce licensed standing in seated areas since the start of the 2022/23 season.

Standing and terraces were removed from top-flight English football in the wake of the Hillsborough disaster in 1989 when 97 people died leading to all-seater stadia.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Super said:

The Carabao Cup final between Manchester United and Newcastle on February 26 at Wembley, live on Sky Sports, will be the first major domestic English men’s final in almost 35 years to have safe standing.

Both clubs will receive an allocation of 867 seats within new standing areas at Wembley, located behind each goal, in both the East and West Stands.

EFL and Premier League clubs have been permitted to introduce licensed standing in seated areas since the start of the 2022/23 season.

Standing and terraces were removed from top-flight English football in the wake of the Hillsborough disaster in 1989 when 97 people died leading to all-seater stadia.

Have been in the safe standing sections for the last few England home matches.

Hilariously, the stewards were still trying to make us sit down during the match ?

• Haha 2

On 06/07/2022 at 21:04, Pezo said:

Can you define priority in this instance? If your definition is so they can attend and we get extra people in the stadium to what most of us see as a social event that we like to enjoy with friends over people "owning seats" in one stand then yes. But that's no definition of priority I've ever heard of.

It's not like they are taking priority over ticket availablity, you can still get priority over your seat by turning up first, I'm also not saying do it in every stand, so you have options but at the moment these casual supporters don't have any option other than to attend but sit by themselves thus defeating the objective of coming or to not attend - of which they pick not to attend because we can't sit together.

Why can't they sit together? I don't have an ST so only get to the gate a handful of times a season (Probably for the best I've only been to the Sunderland and Lincoln games this season!) but when I buy my tickets there's plenty of areas in the ground that have 7-8 even whole rows of seats available together.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Super said:

Seems quite a small number of safe standing seats, about 2% of the total capacity, I wonder if any plans to increase this number to something more substantial? 

• Like 2