IGNORED

Clive Middlemass RIP

glynriley

Very sad, he & TC were basically a two man band for years, doing almost everything.

Remember reading in Joe Jordan’s autobiography that Clive & TC offered to move Joe’s furniture when he joined us, because the club couldn’t afford to pay anyone to do it.

Lovely bloke, RIP.

• Like 12

RIP, I was lucky enough to meet him at the 25th anniversary dinner for the Freight Rover Trophy back in 2011. Him and TC are the hardest working managerial team our club has ever had. Hopefully one day they’ll be formally recognised somewhere within Ashton Gate.

Edited by BS15_RED
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

For those of us who were around in the 1980s, there weren’t loads of coaches and staff at the club - TC, Clive, Alex Lockhart as physio and Jock Rae as chief scout it seemed ran the whole operation. Wembley twice in two seasons and TC let Clive lead the team out once, and Jock the other. The greatest tribute you can pay is that they both thoroughly deserved it, and played a huge part in our journey back.

RIP

Spot on.

It occurred to me only after I wrote my first post that in TC’s first season with us that he was starting most games, so Clive was the only bloke we had on the line with Alex Lockhart as the physio.

From his second season Coops was usually the sub (there was only one then) so he started off in the dugout, too.

When you look at the small army who are sat there now, the manager, at least 2 coaches then a goalkeeper coach, it really was a completely different world.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Sad news. Worked so hard with Terry Cooper to keep us going and inject life and pride back into the club. RIP. 

Sadly, again, I’m left thinking - what happened to the “fitting memorial” to Terry Cooper? Have I missed it? Naively I was hoping the trains ground might be renamed. 

1 hour ago, BS15_RED said:

As a side note, it’s very sad that his passing has not yet been acknowledged on any of the clubs official social media channels.

To be fair (to the Club), there is something different between a quick, rushed ‘RIP Clive’, from fans who may never even have heard of heard of him before his demise, than a considered, meaningful message of condolence.

I am sure the latter will appear shortly from the Club.

• Like 1