IGNORED

Eriksen to Man Utd

Jerseybean

Big fan of CHRISTIAN E..................So what a shame he has chosen the team i despise most in the Premier League, however i wish him well as an individual.  I guess it's all about long term financial security, but sorry he did not stay at the club that had the faith in him to introduce him back into football? 

• Like 7

I actually thought he may stick at Brentford, if for no other reason than to repay the faith the showed in signing him.

That being said, when one of the top clubs in the country (regardless of where they finished last season, or the trajectory they could be on) offers you a contract, let's be honest it's going to blow Brentfords offer out of the water, so you can kind of expect why he's said yes.

Will be an interesting move, he has shown he can still cut it at that level, but I'd also love to see what that contract contains due to his heart issues.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, maxjak said:

Big fan of CHRISTIAN E..................So what a shame he has chosen the team i despise most in the Premier League, however i wish him well as an individual.  I guess it's all about long term financial security, but sorry he did not stay at the club that had the faith in him to introduce him back into football? 

That's strong.  What makes you despise them?

Given his health can't blame him for going for probably the best contract available over staying with Brentford 

10 hours ago, The Coach said:

Honestly thought he’d stay at Brentford. Can understand the move to Man U. Feel like he could have aimed higher however. 

Would have been a great fit for Liverpool ,imo, sharing minutes with Thiago.

11 hours ago, Taz said:

I actually thought he may stick at Brentford, if for no other reason than to repay the faith the showed in signing him.

That being said, when one of the top clubs in the country (regardless of where they finished last season, or the trajectory they could be on) offers you a contract, let's be honest it's going to blow Brentfords offer out of the water, so you can kind of expect why he's said yes.

Will be an interesting move, he has shown he can still cut it at that level, but I'd also love to see what that contract contains due to his heart issues.

I kind of agree with you, but Brentford gave him a year contract and he saw it through.

i think it’s a good signing for Utd, he has the right attitude and that should rub off on the other players. 

• Like 1

On 05/07/2022 at 14:05, The Coach said:

Thought they’d be in for him. Liverpool are crying out for a midfielder in his mould. 

I couldn't see him in this Liverpool team given the formation they play. Eriksen is more a number 10 and Liverpool don't play that way. I doubt he will play much at United unless Bruno gets injured.

He is certainly a good top class player, but he really a ‘great top class  world player’ 

Man Ure once had all the great players..now they seem to possess players of good premier league standard…it seems other clubs now capture the worlds best such as the noisy neighbours Man City ?

either way good luck to the guy. 

6 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Good luck to him.  The Brentford/Eriksen deal was mutually beneficial and he doesn’t ‘owe’ Brentford anything after the contract runs out. Great seeing him back playing and hope he has a top season 

Of course, and I agree with all you say, especially that he has a good season.

Nevertheless, the romantic in me would have preferred him to stay with Brentford, who gave him his comeback chance after his injury.

• Like 2

On 04/07/2022 at 22:14, maxjak said:

Why do you despise Man Utd more than any other premier league club?

On 05/07/2022 at 08:08, Red Skin said:

That's strong.  What makes you despise them?

Given his health can't blame him for going for probably the best contract available over staying with Brentford 

Your right it is strong.........but then again i do have a slightly irrational hatred of Man U.  I would throw a house party if they got relegated, but as that will not happen.....finishing outside the top 6 will do!  I well remember us being the only side to achieve the double over them, last time we were in the same division. And knocking them out of the cup with Korey's late goal was absolute bliss?  Ha!!   i think it's their arrogance and their arrogance, that Pi**e's me off?  PS....and their Arrogance?

Edited by maxjak

12 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Your right it is strong.........but then again i do have a slightly irrational hatred of Man U.  I would throw a house party if they got relegated, but as that will not happen.....finishing outside the top 6 will do!  I well remember us being the only side to achieve the double over them, last time we were in the same division. And knocking them out of the cup with Korey's late goal was absolute bliss?  Ha!!   i think it's their arrogance and their arrogance, that Pi**e's me off?  PS....and their Arrogance?

If it does happen, any chance of an invite?

On 16/07/2022 at 12:40, DT The Optimist said:

He is certainly a good top class player, but he really a ‘great top class  world player’ 

Man Ure once had all the great players..now they seem to possess players of good premier league standard…it seems other clubs now capture the worlds best such as the noisy neighbours Man City ?

either way good luck to the guy. 

Man Utd had their fun during the Fergie years, so they definitely are due a long fallow period! ??