IGNORED

Cheltenham Town friendly match day thread

34 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Agree with all of thisSykes has looked lost so far. Hopefully he will find his feet in time.

Watch the 'Curtis Fleming Mic'd Up' video that was put out last week - barring a change in formation, which seems highly unlikely, Sykes is being asked to play a role he's completely unfamiliar with.

Whether he can get to grips with it is anyone's guess at this stage. 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Is it a 433 now -

Tanner    Towler     Idehen     Pring

Massengo   Vyner   King

Conway    Weimann    Bell

My assumption from their order on the teamsheet was still our 5-3-2; Vyner, Towler and Idehen in a back 3 w/ Tanner and Pring at WB. HNM and King behind AW in midfield, TC and Belly up top. Though I'm stuck in work so can only assume.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Watch the 'Curtis Fleming Mic'd Up' video that was put out last week - barring a change in formation, which seems highly unlikely, Sykes is being asked to play a role he's completely unfamiliar with.

Whether he can get to grips with it is anyone's guess at this stage. 

I think Sykes played in 6 different positions for Oxford last season.

Personally I don’t see him as a starter anyway, but what he needs more than anything is clarity on exactly where we see him playing.

I’m certainly not reading too much into 45 minutes of the first friendly of the season though.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Pearson watching from the stand, if it hasn't been noted by commentary. 

Scott's just been talking about him being there today, I don't think they mentioned where he was.

---------------------------------------------

Well Tanner is doing his best to make sure we have competition in a position we have been historically weak. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I think Sykes played in 6 different positions for Oxford last season.

Personally I don’t see him as a starter anyway, but what he needs more than anything is clarity on exactly where we see him playing.

I’m certainly not reading too much into 45 minutes of the first friendly of the season though.

Thanks NP. Showing your prem experience there. Any more deep and meaningful insights?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1