IGNORED

Cheltenham Town friendly match day thread

7 minutes ago, Selred said:

All over. 
Both wing back positions are going to have healthy competition for which is a very good place to be. 
Some good patches at time, would like to see more attacking threats over than crosses. 
Overall decent start!

Yep and with Semenyo, Kalas and Scott not playing the depth of the squad is certainly stronger and hungrier too!

• Like 2

Enjoyed that. Many thanks to @Red Army 75

If that’s the first indication of how proper competition for places will spur players on I’m quite excited about our prospects.

Wilson and Tanner, DaSilva and Pring and also Williams, James, King, Massengo all looking pretty sharp. Academy boys all looking good. Seems to be a cohesiveness about the squad which I haven’t seen for a while. 
Very encouraging, especially given what we’ve seen over the last few seasons.

Edited by HappyClapper
  • Like 1

Overall a good work out.

First hour Wells looked sharp. Good combination between Williams & James. Naismith looks a steal and Sykes did well but Kane Wilson really stood out.

Last 30 minutes nice touches from King, HNM and Idehen. Good finish by Conway for the second. Cam Pring looked really sharp and was only bettered by George Tanner who was outstanding.

Overall, the wing backs and in particular the right side, really stood out. So the right side, which has been a problem over the last few seasons looks far better balanced. First impression is Kal Naismith improves the defence.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Selred said:

Some good patches at time, would like to see more attacking threats over than crosses

That comes when Semenyo and Weimann are playing - we have no-one else capable of duplicating their movement. 

Scott can also provide something different. If he can get in the side.  

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

Obviously pre season games are for Nige and his coaches to assess levels of fitness and how the players gel together along with game time for pretty much the entire squad.

What these pre season matches do is tell us fans nothing at all and why I have very little interest in them. In fact in over 50 seasons I’ve never ever watched one…………:dunno:

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1