IGNORED

Carlos Corberan leaving Huddersfield

Buckeyed

3 minutes ago, Malago said:

No PP this season, which probably means a severe cut in the playing budget.  They also have to repay £35m to the previous owner by August this year.  

Their parachute payments were low last season & I’d be amazed if their wage bill was anywhere near ours.

They have made a number of cheap signings (2 yesterday), he’ll have known all this.

Must have had a better offer.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Their parachute payments were low last season & I’d be amazed if their wage bill was anywhere near ours.

They have made a number of cheap signings (2 yesterday), he’ll have known all this.

Must have had a better offer.

They received approx £15m in PP last season.  A handy sum in anyone’s language.  

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Malago said:

They received approx £15m in PP last season.  A handy sum in anyone’s language.  

True, but I didn’t look at their squad & think they spent all of it, they very much maximised what they had due to some very smart coaching.

13 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

As others have said, it would appear he has something lined up, possibly abroad.

He will have plenty of suitors if not. Really impressed by him and his team last season.

It was suggested in the papers when the rumours of his departure first surfaced earlier in the week that there was interest from a rival club ( by rival I took it to mean another Championship club)

7 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

It was suggested in the papers when the rumours of his departure first surfaced earlier in the week that there was interest from a rival club ( by rival I took it to mean another Championship club)

Watford haven't sacked a manager in weeks so ...?