IGNORED

Wickes Car Parking pass

AG City

Earlier this week I asked the club a similar question about a parking season ticket at Long Ashton School. I was told it should be sorted soon. It seems contract prices etc have yet to be finalised.

last season my car was one whereby I’d have had to pay a parking zone charge, when it’s introduced- that was one of the reasons for changing my car (along with my old car being clapped out). Those of us who don’t regularly live in Bristol will need to be aware of the forthcoming charges, with accessibility by car being so difficult (and expensive). It’s a pity the park & ride on the Portway isn’t utilised to have a shuttle bus service to and from the ground.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

I rang the club yesterday regarding renewal of my match day parking at Pattersons.  I was told to expect the renewal offer by email early next week. As for cost, your guess is as good as mine but one of my grandsons is autistic and cannot cope with crowded buses making the cost irrelevant.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

18 minutes ago, jtc1 said:

How much is it usually?

Last season if I recall I ended paying £180 at Long Ashton School, but was told it was to be £225, but due to the pandemic missing the last 5 home games from the previous season, it was £180. I'm dreading what the cost will be this year. I can see it being around £230 plus.

5 hours ago, nick jones of hereford said:

Earlier this week I asked the club a similar question about a parking season ticket at Long Ashton School. I was told it should be sorted soon. It seems contract prices etc have yet to be finalised.

last season my car was one whereby I’d have had to pay a parking zone charge, when it’s introduced- that was one of the reasons for changing my car (along with my old car being clapped out). Those of us who don’t regularly live in Bristol will need to be aware of the forthcoming charges, with accessibility by car being so difficult (and expensive). It’s a pity the park & ride on the Portway isn’t utilised to have a shuttle bus service to and from the ground.

There is a shuttle service from Portway to Ashton Gate. For both City and Bears.

Unless something has changed since last season.

5 hours ago, nick jones of hereford said:

Don’t forget the CAZ - Clean Air Zone - comes into effect (allegedly) in November. 

22 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Don’t forget the CAZ - Clean Air Zone - comes into effect (allegedly) in November. 

Wasn't there a website you could put your car details in, to check if your car was exempt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Well it seems that my relatively modern diesel car is fine everywhere except for in Birmingham; £8 per day.  And Bristol; £9 per day.

image.png.c976cd29faa1af26d47cbf95c24f8510.png

Though if you're coming in from the south and don't go wrong then it isn't a problem.  The Clean Air Zone is in blue.

image.png.a41800994a101c8f2053af874296decf.png

7 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Well it seems that my relatively modern diesel car is fine everywhere except for in Birmingham; £8 per day.  And Bristol; £9 per day

One of the reasons we chopped our old diesel in for a petrol, that after following Government suggestions to go Diesel ?

Even though shortly after the zone was announced, I believe  they went out and got new Diesel Busses, then had to bring in exemptions for them.

One thing I'd like to leave here.
Mayor Rees said: “Clean Air Day is a national day of action to raise awareness of the dangers of air pollution and is also a chance for us to better understand what options there are to make positive changes to how we travel. 

This from a man that flew 9,000 miles to chat about saving the planet by stopping commuters driving a mile or two into town.

• Like 1

On 07/07/2022 at 23:31, Eddie Hitler said:

Well it seems that my relatively modern diesel car is fine everywhere except for in Birmingham; £8 per day.  And Bristol; £9 per day.

Though if you're coming in from the south and don't go wrong then it isn't a problem.  The Clean Air Zone is in blue.

My diesel car is chargeable for the CAZ, but my petrol car is not. 

However, for vehicle tax, which is based on emissions, the diesel is £30 and the petrol £135. Presumably I have Schrödinger's cars as they each manage to be both dirty and clean at the same time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/07/2022 at 20:39, Davefevs said:

Fairly happy with this!

image.thumb.png.0c6d3b61385c4063c0a746325757891f.png

was told the prices were going up big-time.

Yes I thought they were going up. Mine was £350 for the car park behind the South stand which I think was the same as last year.

I hope when they do go up some consideration is given to those that NEED to park there as opposed to those who like to park there.

• Flames 1

On 07/07/2022 at 23:31, Eddie Hitler said:

The London ULEZ isn't on that list. 

I got caught by that in a (somewhat older I suspect) diesel car when we went to Fulham last season. As if losing 6-2 wasn't bad enough!

• Like 1

On 11/07/2022 at 17:35, Revitalised Red said:

Just had my renewal email for Pattersons come through.  Same price as last year surprisingly (before the discount for the matches we couldn’t attend due to COVID).

I don't think it's that generous - staying the same price, I mean. Compare it with the previous (pre-covid) season.

Last year's was a massive increase which simply made sure that the "Covid refund" was a bit of a sham. Net of the refund we paid just about the same as the previous year IIRC. 

Is Wickes still operating down there, or is it now a derelict building?

I know Planning Permission is being sought for the basketball arena, so if it's granted then Wickes would need to be knocked down, so I'm wondering if it's not being used now, why don't they pull it down and charge for parking until PP is granted?

1 minute ago, beaverface said:

I know Planning Permission is being sought for the basketball arena, so if it's granted then Wickes would need to be knocked down, so I'm wondering if it's not being used now, why don't they pull it down and charge for parking until PP is granted?

Wickes is very much still open 

2 minutes ago, beaverface said:

Small matter of peoples jobs and notice period to wickes.

From memory, wickes were given 2 years notice a while ago.?

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

I don't think it's that generous - staying the same price, I mean. Compare it with the previous (pre-covid) season.

Last year's was a massive increase which simply made sure that the "Covid refund" was a bit of a sham. Net of the refund we paid just about the same as the previous year IIRC. 

I never said that the price was generous 

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

I never said that the price was generous, just surprised (as others have been) that the price (as rumoured) was not a lot more.