IGNORED

Boca Juniors stand...

spudski

36 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

This is mental. Only a matter of time before a calamity happens

It may look shocking but structures are supposed to move and are designed to absorb and bend - known as plasticity, if it's rigid it's more likely to be brittle and will snap, the engineer in me wonders what the tolerances are or what tests and simulations they have done to find that out.

Finding out they haven't tested it would be far more mental.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pezo said:

It may look shocking but structures are supposed to move and are designed to absorb and bend - known as plasticity, if it's rigid it's more likely to be brittle and will snap, the engineer in me wonders what the tolerances are or what tests and simulations they have done to find that out.

Spot on,it’s more likely a surge by a crowd will kill someone than it collapsing 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I knew that they were supposed to be flexible, but the shocking part is the massive crack is it not?

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Pezo said:

It’s elasticity, not plasticity

• Like 2

Well isn't this just typical of today's world.  They failed my motor on the MOT test just for a fairly insignificant tad of rot.

Once again, a case of one rule for an internationally known Argentinian Primera Division football club and another for the rest of us......

Car Fail GIF - Car Kick Fail GIFs

Edited by JackofromSanJavier
typo

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

Not a quote from any leading architect or health and safety guru, but a quote from my mother, who would make the observation about a dozen times a day during the school holidays when I'd be busy building ramps so I could do jumps on my Grifter, or climbing trees.

45 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Not a quote from any leading architect or health and safety guru, but a quote from my mother, who would make the observation about a dozen times a day during the school holidays when I'd be busy building ramps so I could do jumps on my Grifter, or climbing trees.

Ahhhh grifters... Blue yellow and top gear red effing hurt when you came off one of them..... 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

At about the same time I went over the handlebars of my Chipper (long forgotten smaller version of a chopper) doing roughly the same thing. I’d be working for NASA now if it were not for head butting a pavement in Cadbury Heath

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Flounder said:

At about the same time I went over the handlebars of my Chipper (long forgotten smaller version of a chopper) doing roughly the same thing. I’d be working for NASA now if it were not for head butting a pavement in Cadbury Heath

The only thing you should of been headbutting in Cadbury Heath was that **** Holloway 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Flounder said:

I had a chipper too.