IGNORED

Sons of former City players

How many sons of ex players have, also donned a City shirt in some capacity I wonder. The first I can think of was Brian Clark, son of Don. We've just sold Reuben McAllister, son of Jamie and Josh Owers and Sam Bell are on our books, sons of Gary and Mickey respectively. Are there any others? 

It doesn't count towards this list but I note that Scott Murray's son Jay scored a hat-trick For WSM yesterday. 

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

We had Anthony and Tony Rougier. I’m not sure if they were father and son or brothers 

52 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Second cousins twice removed I think.

Think Anthony got on a plane with NTTDS to never be seen again. Probably somewhere in Hartlepool wondering what happened...

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Bobby and Jonathan Gould.

(According to Wikipedia Jonathan Gould was on our books in 2005, but never made a first team appearance.)

I didn't know that. He ended up playing for Celtic (GK). Wonder what happened to him? I always preferred his brother, personally.

10 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Bobby and Jonathan Gould.

(According to Wikipedia Jonathan Gould was on our books in 2005, but never made a first team appearance.)

Jonathan was on the bench for us once, Sheffield Wednesday away (2005).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Gordon Spiring 1938-39 with 4 appearances.

Son Peter Spiring 1969-73.

Wow, I never knew Spiring's old man played for City, though did know his son played county cricket.

For you 'yung uns' who think the top flight ruining young kids careers is a post Premier invention, Spiring was a very talented and tricky winger, England youth, great end product who went to Liverpool for decent dosh but who never played for them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Wow, I never knew Spiring's old man played for City, though did know his son played county cricket.

For you 'yung uns' who think the top flight ruining young kids careers is a post Premier invention, Spiring was a very talented and tricky winger, England youth, great end product who went to Liverpool for decent dosh but who never played for them.

£60 k, when that was a lot !

3 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

£60 k, when that was a lot !

Using inflation as a measure that'd be around £1.15m these days.

Or, if one considers the record transfer at the time was Nish @ £200k, Spiring would be worth 0.3x the present UK record fee today - £30m!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Using inflation as a measure that'd be around £1.15m these days.

Or, if one considers the record transfer at the time was Nish @ £200k, Spiring would be worth 0.3x the present UK record fee today - £30m!

Yes,I was trying to think of who would have held the record transfer at the time...as you say, quite a high % for a bloke who never played for them .

44 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes,I was trying to think of who would have held the record transfer at the time...as you say, quite a high % for a bloke who never played for them .

Spiring is an amazing shout. Liverpool sold him to Luton for £70k, but I don't suppose we had a sell on clause then. Ended his footballing career playing for Hereford I think. 

• Like 1