IGNORED

That £30 ticket cap n the Prem.

1960maaan

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

You'd be pissed off to be a Fulham fan, knowing away fans were paying £30 and you were paying ..

745421276_Screenshot2022-07-11at19_23_42.png.0aef7528ac31584177dd921f5d450343.png

Not if you regularly travel away and it only costs £30 to watch your team at Anfield, Emirates etc. I would be a lot more pi**ed off at the £65 upwards cost of watching my team at home. Prices like that would end my days going to live football.

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

I would be a lot more pi**ed off at the £65 upwards cost of watching my team at home. Prices like that would end my days going to live football.

They have a shiny new stand to fill, and that's kind of my point. The first ticket price rule I remember, was that a team couldn't charge more for away fans in a similar seat. Now it's gone full 180* . £70 to sit in their old stand knowing that similar seats for away fans are £40 cheaper. Yes you could think differently if you regularly go away, but that is a small percentage. 

When they get relegated it could get interesting, trying to work out the following years prices. Season tickets will be going up and down like a fiddlers elbow. 

7 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

They have a shiny new stand to fill, and that's kind of my point. The first ticket price rule I remember, was that a team couldn't charge more for away fans in a similar seat. Now it's gone full 180* . £70 to sit in their old stand knowing that similar seats for away fans are £40 cheaper. Yes you could think differently if you regularly go away, but that is a small percentage. 

When they get relegated it could get interesting, trying to work out the following years prices. Season tickets will be going up and down like a fiddlers elbow. 

Worse than that, chances are you can only get an away ticket if you meet the points required, which are probably only achieved from buying away tickets.

• Like 1

Its all a load of bollox.

Away fans should never pay less than home fans, madness. 

If they want to make a difference, then £30 for home AND away fans is fine - but that will never happen, even though every EPL club could afford to do it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Its all a load of bollox.

Away fans should never pay less than home fans, madness. 

If they want to make a difference, then £30 for home AND away fans is fine - but that will never happen, even though every EPL club could afford to do it.

Well the clubs can't afford to do it, which is why they pretty much all run with massive losses.

What you need, is for seemingly massively successful business people who have made the billions required to own a football club to stop saying 'yes' to every agent who request huge wages for players not good enough for the top flight.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Not if you regularly travel away and it only costs £30 to watch your team at Anfield, Emirates etc. I would be a lot more pi**ed off at the £65 upwards cost of watching my team at home. Prices like that would end my days going to live football.

I always thought you couldn't charge more than you charge the away fans.

No,no I see it's the other way around isn't it? 

You can't charge the away fans more than the home ticket prices? 

Is there such a rule, or am 8 talking absolute plop?

• Admin
11 hours ago, City1984 said:

This is a special agreement that all premier league sides signed up to

The rule does still apply in all other leagues except each club are allowed three games a season charging "special" rates for home supporters

12 hours ago, City1984 said:

I thought the rule was. You can’t charge away fans more for sitting in the same stand or equivalent  area as the home fans with similar facilities. 

for example if home fans were in the Atyeo we couldn’t charge home fans £20 (unless on a special offer not every game price) and away fans £30. As the stand/facilities/view would be the same.

As for most games away fans are in there on their own, they could only pay the same as the south stand, although due to the amenities in there likely they’d have to pay less in the Atyeo compared to South stand. 

7 minutes ago, cider11 said:

I thought the rule was. You can’t charge away fans more for sitting in the same stand or equivalent  area as the home fans with similar facilities. 

for example if home fans were in the Atyeo we couldn’t charge home fans £20 (unless on a special offer not every game price) and away fans £30. As the stand/facilities/view would be the same.

As for most games away fans are in there on their own, they could only pay the same as the south stand, although due to the amenities in there likely they’d have to pay less in the Atyeo compared to South stand. 

Yep, they do align Atyeo prices with the south stand. I noticed a steep rise in South Stand POTD prices last season - I believe this was so they could up the prices for away supporters. As there are very few POTDs available in the South Stand (you wouldn't know it by looking at how 'full' the stand was for most of much season), I stand to be corrected but ciry fans didn't seem to make much comment on this last season.