IGNORED

Neighbours

East Londoner

8 hours ago, Offside said:

It’s sad that it’s ending. I used to love it as a kid, lots of memorable characters (but probably awful if I watched it back). 

I used to like Sons and Daughters as well but never got into Home And Away. 

See the source image

• Haha 3

On 12/07/2022 at 23:17, phantom said:

Forgot to post these earlier, we all have a guilty pleasure?? 

FB_IMG_1657663457048.jpg

FB_IMG_1657663460226.jpgI only recognise 4 from that lot! Dr Karl, Susan, Paul & Toad. Been a while since I watched it though. Brings back some childhood memories. Every week day, twice a day, unbelievable! Might even watch the last episode. COYR 

And, for those of you of a certain age who may have been off school with an illness that convinced a parent that a day on the sofa was the best plan...

With Neighbours, Home and Away, The Sullivans and Sons and Daughters, Australian television executives probably did more to keep a generation of kids accepting of going to school than any teachers did.

They did produce some shite telly.

Was almost a welcome relief when the test card came on.

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

And, for those of you of a certain age who may have been off school with an illness that convinced a parent that a day on the sofa was the best plan...

With Neighbours, Home and Away, The Sullivans and Sons and Daughters, Australian television executives probably did more to keep a generation of kids accepting of going to school than any teachers did.

They did produce some shite telly.

Was almost a welcome relief when the test card came on.

Image result for Alf Stewart Meme

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sons and Daughters

That is a blast from the past that one. I just remember the theme tune as my nan used to watch it. No idea how long the UK had it after it was shown in Australia, but this would have been late 80's / early 90's. Whether they were re-runs or when we just had them here. 

Went years and years without hearing the theme until Peter Kay's Max and Paddy Road to nowhere show when they had a TV theme round on CD driving around. They were all singing the tune and Max's mate yells out the answer trying to get the point ???

4 hours ago, The Batman said:

That is a blast from the past that one. I just remember the theme tune as my nan used to watch it. No idea how long the UK had it after it was shown in Australia, but this would have been late 80's / early 90's. Whether they were re-runs or when we just had them here. 

Went years and years without hearing the theme until Peter Kay's Max and Paddy Road to nowhere show when they had a TV theme round on CD driving around. They were all singing the tune and Max's mate yells out the answer trying to get the point ???

I just remembered it as being a time the telly went off.

Hope it placed you in a moment in time and provoked memories.

Natalie imbrulglia too. That was the cherry on top. 

Notice Jason and Kylie were never in shot with guy Pearce. They were just out of shot when they did wider views. Guessing schedules meant they couldn't do the same day. 

Not gonna lie, just fast forwarded through most of it. 

On 12/07/2022 at 05:20, East Londoner said:

For those of us of a certain age watching neighbours was an essential part of growing up in the slot just before the six o’clock news and these twos wedding was very much of its time. And almost time to say farewell 

Sorry to break the sad news to you mate you have lived a sheltered life. Neighbours is not real. Around my place neighbours bring beer around at about 10.00am on a Saturday morning and we then fire up the barbie.

The TV show was actually filmed in a suburb about 20 minutes east of Melbourne and is always a major attraction to pomms visiting OZ.

39 minutes ago, City oz said:

Sorry to break the sad news to you mate you have lived a sheltered life. Neighbours is not real. Around my place neighbours bring beer around at about 10.00am on a Saturday morning and we then fire up the barbie.

The TV show was actually filmed in a suburb about 20 minutes east of Melbourne and is always a major attraction to pomms visiting OZ.

I did the tour when i visited Melbourne years ago and after about 5 minutes suddenly realised what the hell am i doing I’m taking photos of houses 

The whole sadness thing is interesting though, despite people not having watched it for 10 years plus it’s taking people back to that point in their life and they’re saying goodbye to it 

17 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

I did the tour when i visited Melbourne years ago and after about 5 minutes suddenly realised what the hell am i doing I’m taking photos of houses 

The whole sadness thing is interesting though, despite people not having watched it for 10 years plus it’s taking people back to that point in their life and they’re saying goodbye to it 

It is a programme that probably our era but more importantly those that are now in their forty or fifty years as it was part of what you watched on tv when growing up. I remember when I came to OZ in 1989 and internet is not what it is now and all my mates in the UK wanted updates on neighbours. The only thing I do not like about these soap programmes is that neighbours like others gave everyone else in other countries a false interpretation of what it was like living in OZ. 

Trust me it is not all what you see on TV and the years especially in the early 90s were extremely tough for me and my wife with a young son. It took me almost fifteen years to have enough money to get back to the UK for a visit. Now though with me turning sixty things are now getting easier in OZ. I still miss seeing my team at Ashton Gate and when I do go back I make sure I get a home game in. 

Let us hope this season will be a good one.

• Like 2