IGNORED

Neighbours

39 minutes ago, City oz said:

Sorry to break the sad news to you mate you have lived a sheltered life. Neighbours is not real. Around my place neighbours bring beer around at about 10.00am on a Saturday morning and we then fire up the barbie.

The TV show was actually filmed in a suburb about 20 minutes east of Melbourne and is always a major attraction to pomms visiting OZ.

I did the tour when i visited Melbourne years ago and after about 5 minutes suddenly realised what the hell am i doing I’m taking photos of houses 

The whole sadness thing is interesting though, despite people not having watched it for 10 years plus it’s taking people back to that point in their life and they’re saying goodbye to it 

17 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

I did the tour when i visited Melbourne years ago and after about 5 minutes suddenly realised what the hell am i doing I’m taking photos of houses 

The whole sadness thing is interesting though, despite people not having watched it for 10 years plus it’s taking people back to that point in their life and they’re saying goodbye to it 

It is a programme that probably our era but more importantly those that are now in their forty or fifty years as it was part of what you watched on tv when growing up. I remember when I came to OZ in 1989 and internet is not what it is now and all my mates in the UK wanted updates on neighbours. The only thing I do not like about these soap programmes is that neighbours like others gave everyone else in other countries a false interpretation of what it was like living in OZ. 

Trust me it is not all what you see on TV and the years especially in the early 90s were extremely tough for me and my wife with a young son. It took me almost fifteen years to have enough money to get back to the UK for a visit. Now though with me turning sixty things are now getting easier in OZ. I still miss seeing my team at Ashton Gate and when I do go back I make sure I get a home game in. 

Let us hope this season will be a good one.

• Like 2

So did they all just sell up and move?

No property developer buying all the houses to build a huge shopping centre?

I'd have just had an extremely large explosion happen to wipe everyone out.

13 minutes ago, Taz said:

They cleverly left it open for another channel to buy the rights and maybe start it up again.  Another Paul Robinson fire would have been good, and maybe him losing his other leg and coming back as Robocop may have spiced it up a little for a proper finale.  Alas, no.  Keep your eyes peeled I reckon it could make a comeback

24 minutes ago, Taz said:

Everybody got relocated to Woolamaloo because someone from the council saw an endangered species of daddy long legs trying to cross the road.

• Haha 1

On 29/07/2022 at 14:58, Super said:

Just read that 20M watched the wedding in 1987! Ok there wasn't as many channels to watch back in the day but that's still insane.

Was that 10 million at 1.30 and then the same 10 million watching it again at 5.30? 😂