IGNORED

Portsmouth pre-season friendly match day thread.

Jerseybean

Two evenly matched teams with Portsmouth shading it and the difference being Pack who is the best player on the pitch by some distance. Stick him in our team for this game and it would be won already.

Nothing up front for either team, no creativity in our midfield at all with loads of safe passes.

As a fitness and conditioning game, it'll do the job, but boring as hell as a match with us being very predictable. Its early in the season so hopefully they can kick on. 

I like these pre-season games generally, but I can understand those that don't watch and are not interested as they are normally just like this one.

• Like 1

Just now, brad blit said:

Did i read somewhere there's an additional 20min being played today?

I know its only 2 friendlies so far, but from what iv seen we are much fitter team than before, wing backs will be a hugely important position for us, and we will be much more solid/hard to beat

Extra 30 I believe 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Missed a bit of the second half due to working at the same time, but this isnt very impressive…. Theres a lack of goal threat and quality, though the lovely louise makes the world a better place!

2nd friendly of the season is more about shape and new players integrating into the team and learning how everyone plays, despite the fact we are missing 2 of our main forward threats + Scott.

Still, at least you get to perve on a presenter like some deranged sex pest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'd possibly look at playing Tanner in centre midfield. Looking sharp again today. Still feel we haven't improved in that area bar Williams currently being fit. He's also chipped in with goals while being with us and Carlisle which again is something our midfield lacks. His natural defensive traits from full back would also free up Scott in hopefully his favoured number 10 role. Would also provide good cover when Wilson gets caught high up the pitch.

• Like 1