IGNORED

Extreme heat

bristol_dunc

I see we have a amber weather for extreme heat Sunday into Monday possibly Tuesday, bit of a weather geek on the quiet so pop into some of the weather forums now and again , and it's apparently ramping up to be close to 40c them coming days , hopefully it's doesn't get quite that bad in this neck of woods .

• Like 1

• Admin
35 minutes ago, bristol_dunc said:

I see we have a amber weather for extreme heat Sunday into Monday possibly Tuesday, bit of a weather geek on the quiet so pop into some of the weather forums now and again , and it's apparently ramping up to be close to 40c them coming days , hopefully it's doesn't get quite that bad in this neck of woods .

I'd imagine it'd be the London area at worst, I'd be very surprised if it was much more widespread 

11 minutes ago, Super said:

Can see quite a few fires happening.

I see the military are getting blamed now for the fires up on Salisbury plain 

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'd imagine it'd be the London area at worst, I'd be very surprised if it was much more widespread 

I see the military are getting blamed now for the fires up on Salisbury plain 

It's looking pretty widespread at the moment even reaching far north on Tuesday, looking at peaking around 35c for Bristol 

2 hours ago, TomF said:

I mean there is hot and there is next week.  The GFS runs are actually better than they were. They had Bristol with a couple of days at *midnight* and temps still around 34-35degres.

ukmaxtemp.png

Love the hot weather but back to work after a couple weeks off and back into the factory on Tuesday I work , with is unbearable at anything above 25c

Edited by bristol_dunc

13 hours ago, Lew-T said:

A week of real hot weather and sunshine and we’re all flapping.

It’s the middle of July man.

We're not designed for the weather in this country, and sustained periods of high temperature are a risk to health.

I think it's only right to at least warn people - it's different in countries that aren't used to it.

29 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

May be an image of text that says "MATT HEATWAVE WARNING! "The Met Office has issued an Amber warning, meaning there's a danger someone will tell you how little sleep they had last night'"

It's the worst bit about it by far though. Our bedroom is a heattrap in this weather, we've been sleeping on a blow up bed in the kitchen with the velux windows open. Last night I got home fairly late as I had football and was pleasantly surprised it was actually relatively cold upstairs.  That drop in temp yesterday evening was lovely, actually felt like I got a good nights sleep 

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

It's the worst bit about it by far though. Our bedroom is a heattrap in this weather, we've been sleeping on a blow up bed in the kitchen with the velux windows open. Last night I got home fairly late as I had football and was pleasantly surprised it was actually relatively cold upstairs.  That drop in temp yesterday evening was lovely, actually felt like I got a good nights sleep 

One of the pleasures of living in a Georgian cottage is the walls are built like an effin' castle, so it's nice and cool in summer.  Ask me about the heating bill for winter, later. :facepalm:

• Like 1

Went to Croatia some years back in the middle of a heatwave there. It was 40 degrees on the coast! You could barely move wihout bursting into a sweat. They hadn't had any rain for 2 months and when it did finally break whilst we were there, people were out dancing in the streets in sheer relief. The next few days was a cool 32-35 degrees.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

We're not designed for the weather in this country, and sustained periods of high temperature are a risk to health.

I think it's only right to at least warn people - it's different in countries that aren't used to it.

We’re not designed for 2 inches of snow either so say…

It’s the media and news channels that cause the panic time and time again. Gets on my nerves.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, TomF said:

In this case however a genuine warning from the Met Office has been issued - it really is going to be very hot Sunday through to Tuesday evening.  But the point you make, yes - the likes of Nathan Roe, Exacta Weather & Daily Express can indeed go and burn in hell slowly for the shite they turn out all the time. 

Aren't you just glad we haven't got Glasto this weekend!

Yes the Daily Express etc are a pain in the ass with their constant warnings of extremes, whether its heat, snow, wind etc. When a genuine situation arises some people won't take any notice and get caught out.

A bit of panic buying in the shops at the moment, drinks (especially bottled water) and ice cubes flying off the shelves.

6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Sites not working you think or just reckoning it`ll be too hot to pour/spread the stuff?

If it goes above 30 degrees at point of batching, we can only supply with stamped tickets at their risk. A lot of designers won’t allow that so that will be a big percentage of cancellations. 
No doubt there will some who will try and wonder why their concrete is cracking. 

• Thanks 1