IGNORED

Train to Hull? No chance

t_b

25 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm being told that it is possible to get there by train after all?? 

Technically you're correct - IF you can get to London. For some reason (maybe the CEO is driving) Hull Trains is running one service to London and back on the strike day. It leaves Hull early in the morning and then returns just before midday, getting into Hull after 2.30pm. With a taxi you might just make kick off. The drawback is that is the last train to come or go from Hull, so you won't be able to leave after the match!

2 hours ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Where abouts in Lincolnshire are you staying? I’m sturggling to get back thanks to car having an oil and live in North Lincolnshire, thanks! 

Hi, Sadly had to change my plans now :( I've been told I have to work on Saturday! Despite it meant to be my weekend off, and then told if I decided that my "social life" was more important than my job, that someone would probably happily have my job .....

• Robin 2

23 minutes ago, robin for life said:

Hi, Sadly had to change my plans now :( I've been told I have to work on Saturday! Despite it meant to be my weekend off, and then told if I decided that my "social life" was more important than my job, that someone would probably happily have my job .....

This is exactly the sort of shit attitude from management that unions like the RMT and ASLEF are fighting against.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

8 hours ago, robin for life said:

No problem at all mate. I hope you get it sorted for future games though! 

8 hours ago, robin for life said:

I'd look for another job, if only it were thay easy though,

Sorry to hear that however

9 hours ago, robin for life said:

What type of work are you in?

Virtually every business I know have been struggling to employ people so I doubt your employer has as much leverage over you as they might like to believe.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

On 14/07/2022 at 14:19, Olé said:

Striking on the opening day of the football league season is a pretty miserable state of affairs for a day so many look forward to for so long. 

Had bought a Hull Trains return ticket on the day the fixtures came out, which is now worthless.

When you strike you want your strike to have an impact. 

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

On 15/07/2022 at 07:47, Monkeh said:

The strikes won't get called off until the govement and shapps actually negotiates,

Despite what he says in the media he has to sign off on any agreement, and is refusing to even discuss it,

This is solely on the govement and any anger needs to be directed at them

Simple think very  hard before you vote next time 

• Like 2

On 15/07/2022 at 07:47, Monkeh said:

The strikes won't get called off until the govement and shapps actually negotiates,

Despite what he says in the media he has to sign off on any agreement, and is refusing to even discuss it,

This is solely on the govement and any anger needs to be directed at them

Another Tory **** up 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Olé said:

Technically you're correct - IF you can get to London. For some reason (maybe the CEO is driving) Hull Trains is running one service to London and back on the strike day. It leaves Hull early in the morning and then returns just before midday, getting into Hull after 2.30pm. With a taxi you might just make kick off. The drawback is that is the last train to come or go from Hull, so you won't be able to leave after the match!

`You can check in any time you like but you can never leave`

2 hours ago, phantom said:

There's an hourly service going North from Bristol 

A mate is getting the following connection from Sheffield across to Hull 

IMG-20220727-WA0008.jpg

Keep in mind the railway is closed around Sheffield and rail replacement buses are operating on Saturday so I wouldn't count on any connections that look feasible on the timetable.

And now Wigan away is also screwed too.

• Like 1

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Olé said:

Keep in mind the railway is closed around Sheffield and rail replacement buses are operating on Saturday so I wouldn't count on any connections that look feasible on the timetable.

And now Wigan away is also screwed too.

This is from staff at BTM

12 hours ago, Jeez said:

What type of work are you in?

Virtually every business I know have been struggling to employ people so I doubt your employer has as much leverage over you as they might like to believe.

Work at a wildlife sanctuary, rescuing animals which are orphaned or left to die, hit by cars, found in people's houses and so on. I worked as a volunteer for 12 months, finally on a sort of paid job. Get 2 days off every 3 weeks, but not actually had a day off in 2 months now. But paid work with animals is few and far between and I am only one of two members of staff who can drive, and the other is 68 and can't drive far. I've been looking for other paid jobs in the industry, but they are few and far between. Everyone wants volunteers or interns who will work 2 years for free, in hope of getting a paid job. If he dismissed me, he would get 100+ applicants for my job easy. 

4 hours ago, phantom said:

There's an hourly service going North from Bristol 

A mate is getting the following connection from Sheffield across to Hull 

IMG-20220727-WA0008.jpg

I would still avoid the trains phantom, the problem is while some are operating due to other service not in operation train crews may not be in the right place which could and most likely will lead to large delays or last minute cancellations

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, robin for life said:

Get 2 days off every 3 weeks, but not actually had a day off in 2 months now. 

Thank God I work in an industry with strong Unions.

56 minutes ago, robin for life said:

If he dismissed me, he would get 100+ applicants for my job easy. 

….and it sounds like the pr1ck is using that against you. God forbid you should want the odd day off every 2 months.

• Like 1