IGNORED

Plymouth Argyle pre-season friendly match day thread

5 minutes ago, westonred said:

God we are crying out for a defensive midfielder they are going right through the middle time and time again

If we’re playing 2 central midfielders up against the another sides 3 midfielders, we will always struggle to control the ball in that area of the pitch (even if one of our 2 was purely a DM). It’s simple mathematics.

Out wide is where our strength will be, IMHO.

COYR.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Tangle Foot said:

If we’re playing 2 central midfielders up against the another sides 3 midfielders, we will always struggle to control the ball in that area of the pitch (even if one of our 2 was purely a DM). It’s simple mathematics.

Out wide is where our strength will be, IMHO.

COYR.

Plus three of our better midfield players are at home resting today.

• Like 1
Just now, Numero Uno said:

Plus three of our better midfield players are at home resting today.

And it bloody shows. Missing Semenyo massively as well. We’re going to struggle for goals until he comes back I think. Big reason Weimann scored so many, has to do twice as much without him in the team, that’ll take away from his goal threat. 

3 minutes ago, Negan said:

Really hope Vyner isn’t involved much this season. Klose getting caught out a few times as well. Hopefully Kalas can come back in and find his form alongside Naismith and Atkinson. 

I would expect our first choice back 3 (assuming they are fit, and available for selection) to be Naismith, Klose, Kalas. 

I’m sure I heard that because we are going to favour playing a back 3, that’s why we won’t need either of our 2 central midfielders to be  an out and out DM.

COYR.

Just now, Negan said:

And it bloody shows. Missing Semenyo massively as well. We’re going to struggle for goals until he comes back I think. Big reason Weimann scored so many, has to do twice as much without him in the team, that’ll take away from his goal threat. 

It might well show but the important thing is that they have to be ready and firing when points are at stake. That team today will not be named for a single league game this season. It’s a pre-season runaround and all players in the squad need minutes.

• Like 1

Only pre-season but, already sick of these vyner Hollywood passes. We are severely lacking in attacking vision and quality in the final third. Concerns me that we don’t have an appropriate replacement for semenyo who makes a big difference to how we play in the final third.

tanner definitely can’t perform the same attacking role that wilson can offer. Not been much of an outlet really.

unlike the Cheltenham and Portsmouth games, there doesn’t seem to be and real style of play. It was obvious in the previous games that the plan was to get the ball wide and get crosses in. I have barely seen any of that here so far 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, dave36 said:

We don’t seem to be much of a threat! Massengo a right nuisance but we are not really offering anything for Martin or Weimann, James still disappointing

Hey Dave36, ‘… James still disappointing’, you say. What’s disappointing you? The fact he is being rested, and so not playing today?

COYR.

• Haha 2