IGNORED

Plymouth Argyle pre-season friendly match day thread

48 minutes ago, Street red said:

People losing there s**t over a pre season game ? 

Yeah I hardly pay any notice them- he says whilst posting on the friendly thread :-)…all friendlies are annoying- I also don’t pay any attention to international friendlies.

Fitness and shape and tactics preparation only.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So we kept our third clean sheet in 3, played without 2 of our best 4 central defenders, all 3 of our likely centre midfield & Antoine up top & some come on here on a beautiful afternoon just to relentlessly moan after a win.

Ok then.

Let's not kid ourselves we defended well today Plymouth just missed their chances, we'd probably have conceded two against a Championship side

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1
3 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Let's not kid ourselves we defended well today Plymouth just missed their chances, we'd probably have conceded two against a Championship side

Lets not kid ourselves, we wouldn't play that side against a Championship team.

Its a friendly game for conditioning, fitness, and shape.

We looked good in all three areas imo.

5 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Good to see the moaners are using preseason to warm up and get in shape for the long campaign ahead too.

After offloading a couple of big names at the start of summer I was hoping we'd have a better campaign this year, but it looks like a few of the youngsters might have managed to make the step up.

Early days though and a decent start might see them struggling to keep it up. We'll see!

Edited by IAmNick
  • Haha 1
Just now, DT The Optimist said:

As the staff have said, pre season friendlies are glorified training sessions, with competitive edge. 
Bonding, relationships on the pitch, fitness all these things and more. Win 3 0 or lose 3 0 do not take too much from result. 
Will NP and his staff really have learned a lot from these…. A necessary evil

Agree with all that 100%, but having conceded so many last season (though only 12 goals in our last ten games) it is encouraging that we are keeping so many clean sheets.

• Like 4
37 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Yeah I hardly pay any notice them- he says whilst posting on the friendly thread :-)…all friendlies are annoying- I also don’t pay any attention to international friendlies.

Fitness and shape and tactics preparation only.

Robbored......is that you?

• Haha 4
13 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

After offloading a couple of big names at the start of summer I was hoping we'd have a better campaign this year

I'd be disappointed if we were a bottom 8 team again but the reality is we've signed 1 player - a Right Back - that strengthens last year's team, so I'm not sure how much improvement we can realistically expect. You'd hope a full season of Klose would help too I suppose.