IGNORED

Plymouth Argyle pre-season friendly match day thread

The only one who comes out with any credit is Massengo..  Klose looks shakey, Vyner awful, King's absent Martins not in it Weimann not effective without Semenyos unpredictability up front Not sure Conways quite ready yet. We need a wide attacker like their Miller who looks a tidy signing for them anyone know where they got him ? Yes i know its only a friendly and not many of them 1st choice starters but if we have injuries and suspensions some of this lot dont look good enough     

1 minute ago, westonred said:

The only one who comes out with any credit is Massengo..  Klose looks shakey, Vyner awful, King's absent Martins not in it Weimann not effective without Semenyos unpredictability up front Not sure Conways quite ready yet. We need a wide attacker like their Miller who looks a tidy signing for them anyone know where they got him ? Yes i know its only a friendly and not many of them 1st choice starters but if we have injuries and suspensions some of this lot dont look good enough     

Collectively as a starting eleven no but if they have to step in individually to cover an injury they will be alright in the main.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

No Scott, Naismith, Williams, James and Wilson in the starting line up and a couple are losing their shit already?

I dont think people are losing thier shit i think people are just concerned that our back up players  just arn't good enough

• Like 3
Just now, westonred said:

You never know with our current injury record

I’ll stick my cock on the block and say we won’t even with our recent record in that department. The fact we are resting players today is a good thing imo. We don’t need niggles just so we can win a pointless game at Plymouth.

• Like 2
Just now, Hocca said:

Stop being so defensive, he’s in our squad and playing today, I’m allowed to comment on his performance.

You can say what you like but negativity in every post over a pre-season kick around when we know what it’s going to be like when the real action starts is ramping it up to daft levels.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I’ll stick my cock on the block and say we won’t even with our recent record in that department. The fact we are resting players today is a good thing imo. We don’t need niggles just so we can win a pointless game at Plymouth.

Can't you do that and leave your cock alone?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Some do not understand the purpose of this match.

Should we return to the good old days when the City first team played the reserve team in the only public pre-season match that was allowed by the FA and Football League.

I also remember pre season games when we won all of them and then went to Novenber before we won a match. Or lost all the pre-season friendlies and won a pile of games  at the start of the season.

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Like 3