IGNORED

Plymouth Argyle pre-season friendly match day thread

First time watching Wilson, he will obviously be good.

We are going to be very reliant on Scott, bit agree we need a holding mid. Massengo and either James or Williams for me.

Thought big Dunc looked good when he came on too.

Thought their lb was decent first half too.

Good to get the win, but still work to do.

48 minutes ago, Street red said:

People losing there s**t over a pre season game 🤔 

Yeah I hardly pay any notice them- he says whilst posting on the friendly thread :-)…all friendlies are annoying- I also don’t pay any attention to international friendlies.

Fitness and shape and tactics preparation only.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So we kept our third clean sheet in 3, played without 2 of our best 4 central defenders, all 3 of our likely centre midfield & Antoine up top & some come on here on a beautiful afternoon just to relentlessly moan after a win.

Ok then.

Let's not kid ourselves we defended well today Plymouth just missed their chances, we'd probably have conceded two against a Championship side

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1
3 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Let's not kid ourselves we defended well today Plymouth just missed their chances, we'd probably have conceded two against a Championship side

Lets not kid ourselves, we wouldn't play that side against a Championship team.

Its a friendly game for conditioning, fitness, and shape.

We looked good in all three areas imo.

5 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Good to see the moaners are using preseason to warm up and get in shape for the long campaign ahead too.

After offloading a couple of big names at the start of summer I was hoping we'd have a better campaign this year, but it looks like a few of the youngsters might have managed to make the step up.

Early days though and a decent start might see them struggling to keep it up. We'll see!

Edited by IAmNick
  • Haha 1

As the staff have said, pre season friendlies are glorified training sessions, with competitive edge. 
Bonding, relationships on the pitch, fitness all these things and more. Win 3 0 or lose 3 0 do not take too much from result. 
Will NP and his staff really have learned a lot from these…. A necessary evil

19 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Lets not kid ourselves, we wouldn't play that side against a Championship team.

Its a friendly game for conditioning, fitness, and shape.

We looked good in all three areas imo.

Nothing game with a drinks break, just a run out for both teams 

Just now, DT The Optimist said:

As the staff have said, pre season friendlies are glorified training sessions, with competitive edge. 
Bonding, relationships on the pitch, fitness all these things and more. Win 3 0 or lose 3 0 do not take too much from result. 
Will NP and his staff really have learned a lot from these…. A necessary evil

Agree with all that 100%, but having conceded so many last season (though only 12 goals in our last ten games) it is encouraging that we are keeping so many clean sheets.

• Like 4
37 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Yeah I hardly pay any notice them- he says whilst posting on the friendly thread :-)…all friendlies are annoying- I also don’t pay any attention to international friendlies.

Fitness and shape and tactics preparation only.

Robbored......is that you?

• Haha 4
13 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

After offloading a couple of big names at the start of summer I was hoping we'd have a better campaign this year

I'd be disappointed if we were a bottom 8 team again but the reality is we've signed 1 player - a Right Back - that strengthens last year's team, so I'm not sure how much improvement we can realistically expect. You'd hope a full season of Klose would help too I suppose.