IGNORED

Exeter City pre-season friendly match day thread

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

Louise Gould - no relation as far as I can see. 

Came from Celtic TV - but agree - not very fluent!

Still very early days for her presenting, I'd be concerned if no better by Christmas etc

Willing to cut her some slack as clearly new to this 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, phantom said:

Still very early days for her presenting, I'd be concerned if no better by Christmas etc

Willing to cut her some slack as clearly new to this 

Surely there are plenty of people who could present far more professionally than her without the need to learn on the job.

I doubt very much that someone who mangles sentences so much would have got the gig without a bit of nepotism- I had hoped we'd left that culture behind tbh.

She keeps coming out with complete nonsense- 'I'll head you back to Toby' when she means 'I'll pass you back to Toby' over and over again for a start.

• Robin 2
40 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

2-2 another from Conway and another assist from. Wells. I sometimes think Conway is the most natural finisher at the club. 

Mmm. He gets in front of goal and finishes moves that is a fact. The interesting thing is, he and Wells look like a Championship forward line. If we keep Wells, and Mr Pearson seems pretty serious about doing it, the competition for places is going to be intense. 

Weimann Semenyo Martin Wells and Conway. Sykes obviously has a shot on him as well as Williams James and Bell behind who all have goals in them

The midfielders look fluid and all the defenders look strong. We have barely seen Scott who nearly scored a peach in his cameo Semenyo and Kalas neither. 

Im looking forward to this season! Good buys with barely a fee paid and lots of potential and competition. Finally I get the impression we are building for the coming season and beyond. 

But please god can we start decently so the Pearson is crap brigade don’t take over too many podcasts!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 4
8 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Surely there are plenty of people who could present far more professionally than her without the need to learn on the job.

I doubt very much that someone who mangles sentences so much would have got the gig without a bit of nepotism- I had hoped we'd left that culture behind tbh.

She keeps coming out with complete nonsense- 'I'll head you back to Toby' when she means 'I'll pass you back to Toby' over and over again for a start.

Aren't we getting a little heated about nothing. She is not presenting on a major sports network, at the Euros or heaven forbid at the BAFTAs wiith thousands, possibly millions watching on but on Robins TV in front of at best a few hundred viewers. She may be cutting her teeth here but it's good enough at present and everyone has to start somewhere. 

• Like 14
  • Hmmm 1
3 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Nice couple of goals for Conway today. Smart striker. In the right place at the right time. Could be seeing more of him this season i reckon.

He’s got all the tools in my opinion. Going to be some player. I really rate him but the conundrum is he will need to play games for his development. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Dipping in and out, that’s pretty good considering I thought we were 3-0 down a few posts back!

Don’t forget, it’s pre-season for the posters too!

Like the players, it takes a while for this forum to return to its usual match sharpness.

Some good signs though, when we were losing we had a wafer-thin squad and will struggle improve on last season. Good rally at the end though, where we look to have a squad that should walk the Championship. Things you like to see. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3