Jump to content
IGNORED

Exeter City pre-season friendly match day thread


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Or arguably this season’s Danny Simpson..

My log in won’t work so I can’t see the game but we do have Klose, Wilson, HNM, Wells, Conway, Bell & Towler on the pitch too so should be doing better than this.

And that was my worry about squad depth.  Idenhen was ill but didnt do anything right in the 20 minutes he played. We are so far off the pace & King struggling big time. Towler & Bell not ready and need loans.  Klose for me can only play central of the 3 as getting exposed. 
 

And what of Sam Pearson allocated a squad number but been training with u23s since return.  Another who clearly has no future here. 
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Just now, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Looks like Araoye had his weetabix this morning. I think the Exeter player is enquiring about the number plate of the truck he bounced off. 

It's good to see, we had years of producing "good little 'uns" but we seem to be getting some good physical specimens as well as footballers.

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

And that was my worry about squad depth.  Idenhen was ill but didnt do anything right in the 20 minutes he played. We are so far off the pace & King struggling big time. Towler & Bell not ready and need loans.  Klose for me can only play central of the 3 as getting exposed. 
 

And what of Sam Pearson allocated a squad number but been training with u23s since return.  Another who clearly has no future here. 
 

 

The squad is on the small side, agreed, Scott will be back by Hull though & I am assuming Kalas will be before too long? 

Probably only 4 of this side with a realistic chance of starting that game? Klose, Wilson, HNM & Wells.

Surprised Sam Pearson got a squad number, he appears to be the next James Morton.
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
40 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

And struggling. 

Not the same intensity so far from this group.

We should caveat that Taylor is an inexperienced young lad playing out of position up against the best wing back in league 2 last year and who will no doubt be the best wing back in league 1 this season. 
Bit of an awakening for the lad! 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

The young players putting the "experienced" players to shame.

King, Massengo, Klose, Wells, all very poor.

Bell and Conway hardly in the game.

On this showing, pending a second half epiphany, Tanner should get his nose in front of Wilson.

Araoye looks a unit and has slotted in nicely, Taylor doing well, Towler with a couple of trademark accurate long passes which Wilson failed to control.

Disappointing half when compared to the earlier game, but there are only probably 3 or 4 players in this team who can be considered as credible first teamers - all of whom have played badly this half.

It'll be interesting to see the Bournemouth line up but I'd be surprised if it isn't the team that started earlier with Klose in for Vyner.

Link to comment
34 minutes ago, Harry said:

We should caveat that Taylor is an inexperienced young lad playing out of position up against the best wing back in league 2 last year and who will no doubt be the best wing back in league 1 this season. 
Bit of an awakening for the lad! 

Are you saying Kane Wilson was only the second best RWB in that league last season?? 

He was voted L2 player of the season, not just RWB! 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Are you saying Kane Wilson was only the second best RWB in that league last season?? 

He was voted L2 player of the season, not just RWB! 

Yes. I am. 👍
And I like Wilson, don’t get me wrong. But key is better 

Edited by Harry
Link to comment
Just now, Oldland2 said:

I hope this is not a view of things to come, terrible by Bristol city, passing all over the place

Obviously it's not, only 3 of these players have any chance of starting against Hull.

We're basically playing a team of kids.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

Louise Gould - no relation as far as I can see. 
 

Came from Celtic TV - but agree - not very fluent!

She’s Jonathan Gould’s daughter, so Richard is her uncle.

Link to comment
Just now, DaveF said:

Obviously it's not, only 3 of these players have any chance of starting against Hull.

We're basically playing a team of kids.

If you watched the game v FGR that had composure and looked very positive. 
 

This team is made up of v few experienced players and a bunch of kids!

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Negan said:

Think Klose should be the 4th choice once Kalas is back. Haven’t been impressed by him at all in pre season 

Missed the cross for their 2nd and made Towler look like he lost his man. Klose should be dealing with that 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...