IGNORED

Sunderlands match day ticket allocation is 3,338

1 minute ago, Club and Country said:

I did think we had capped away ticket sales and it was lower then that unless I imagined it?

With the mates rates codes and huge away following the club are clearly going for an opening day sellout.

Hopefully we get off to a good start, a great atmosphere and people in the home ends on discounted tickets are inspired to return.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Club and Country said:

I did think we had capped away ticket sales and it was lower then that unless I imagined it?

They were definitely capped, I thought it was approximately 2500, big away followings used to moan about all the empty seats in that end.

1 hour ago, Club and Country said:

No cap per say, but they normally send tickets out in 1250 blocks, once sold out the away team can request more,

I very much suspect that's what Sunderland did being it's their first away game back in the championship and all,

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

No cap per say, but they normally send tickets out in 1250 blocks, once sold out the away team can request more,

I very much suspect that's what Sunderland did being it's their first away game back in the championship and all,

They are not on sale at Sunderland yet.

Sorry I will say it again 

We should have both ends for home fans. Stuff the away allocation back of Lansdown. More important than new players . It makes a massive home advantage . Expensive yes but our owners is a billionaire and will take disruptive intial group redesign work for away and home fan access.

But having both ends home is massive. We do not owe the away fans there own end. 

Sits with tin hat on 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

19 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

We should have both ends for home fans. Stuff the away allocation back of Lansdown. More important than new players . It makes a massive home advantage . Expensive yes but our owners is a billionaire and will take disruptive intial group redesign work for away and home fan access.

But having both ends home is massive. We do not owe the away fans there own end. 

Sits with tin hat on 

I know it's 'only' rugby but they put about 600 Harlequins supporters in the upper Lansdown for the Premiership Semi final (segregated due to covid).

The noise was impressive and there is no way they would've come back to win that game had their supporters not been in one place as is usual in rugby. 

Keep away fans in th he Atyeo 

37 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Sits with tin hat on 

It means we couldn't  use most of that stand for home fans as well as extensive modifications required for that to be feasible,

In other words it will never happen 

Edited by Monkeh

• Admin
1 hour ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Sits with tin hat on 

Is there any real benefit until we have demand for the extra seats?

We would just be moving supporters from other parts of the ground thus lowering the numbers etc from those sections

• Admin
1 hour ago, East End Old Boy said:

Thought the reduced away allocation was to deter pitch encroachment, so this could be interesting, unless a few rows will still be netted off?

Correct the club did come out and say the allocations would be less, mainly following Cardiff / Swansea

Maybe a new season so trying again?

Does seems sensible to sell them though if the demand is there - no doubt the overflow will end up in E34 as usual

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Sits with tin hat on 

Would have thought most away fans at most other clubs are usually housed in an 'end', and the amount of time Sunderland have spent trying to recover a Championship/top flight status indicates that whilst strong, vocal support probably makes a bit of difference, it's the players on the pitch that win games, not the location of the away fans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

Thought the reduced away allocation was to deter pitch encroachment, so this could be interesting, unless a few rows will still be netted off?

Still around 1,000 seats vacant, which will no doubt be netted.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, phantom said:

Correct the club did come out and say the allocations would be less, mainly following Cardiff / Swansea

Maybe a new season so trying again?

Does seems sensible to sell them though if the demand is there - no doubt the overflow will end up in E34 as usual

And they will get sent flying down the stairs as usual 

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

30 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

Precisely.... Theyd bring 5 thousand if they could minimum.... 

From memory, I think they brought around1500 last time they were here (allocated 4,200), but hundreds left at half time..

Still a great effort given the ticket prices, distance, and travel costs, plus the fact that their team was shite at the time.

I'd expect them to sell 2k-3k though as its their first away day back in the Championship and plenty will be making a weekend of it.

As an aside, they've sold 31k season cards, great support.

2 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Sits with tin hat on 

I'm not really sure where you see there being this big advantage in where each set of supporters sit. Care to elaborate & back it up with evidence..?

Most clubs house away fans behind the goal & I'd imagine has any direct relation to their home results. 

I don't think professional footballers are effected too much by where who's fans are sat & I'm struggling to think of any examples of where it makes any notable difference to a teams advantage. 

Big followings, big home crowds etc, position of supporters etc - rarely makes any difference to how the team end up performing. 

30 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm not really sure where you see there being this big advantage in where each set of supporters sit. Care to elaborate & back it up with evidence..?

Most clubs house away fans behind the goal & I'd imagine has any direct relation to their home results. 

I don't think professional footballers are effected too much by where who's fans are sat & I'm struggling to think of any examples of where it makes any notable difference to a teams advantage. 

Big followings, big home crowds etc, position of supporters etc - rarely makes any difference to how the team end up performing. 

Inclined to agree, but do many clubs give teams a whole end? I watched Rangers Vs West Ham last night as I was near by and they had the 2.5k West Ham fans in the corner. I thought they gave them the upper tier too at first, but they hadn't. Rangers also had their noisy fans in the same stand so it made for a good atmosphere for a friendly. Appreciate this might be harder to recreate at Ashton Gate. 

Edited by Rebounder