IGNORED

Sunderlands match day ticket allocation is 3,338

4 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Sorry I will say it again 

We should have both ends for home fans. Stuff the away allocation back of Lansdown. More important than new players . It makes a massive home advantage . Expensive yes but our owners is a billionaire and will take disruptive intial group redesign work for away and home fan access.

But having both ends home is massive. We do not owe the away fans there own end. 

Sits with tin hat on 

The right idea in principle, yes.

However, can you imagine the likes of C**tdiff up there, with 3000 of them raining "objects" down on the home fans in the Lower Lansdown ?

There would be issues for a number of games, I would suspect.

5 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Sorry I will say it again 

We should have both ends for home fans. Stuff the away allocation back of Lansdown. More important than new players . It makes a massive home advantage . Expensive yes but our owners is a billionaire and will take disruptive intial group redesign work for away and home fan access.

But having both ends home is massive. We do not owe the away fans there own end. 

Sits with tin hat on 

That's what Bournemouth do isn't it, they put away fans in the side stand,I stlll say Atyeo should be half /half, more atmosphere 

The bigger away following the better down the gate. Remember as a kid sat on the enclosure wall. Always use to look at the away end seeing the away fans walk up the slope into the end. When it use to be packed it was brilliant, loud edgy big game feel. And whilst that has changed some what,a full away end at Ashton Gate adds spice. Give the away team the full lot. Down to us to get behind our team 

Really looking forward to the Sunderland game, already has that big game feeling 

• Like 3

• Admin
8 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Why not draw a line ,top to bottom (upper & lower Lansdown) and give away fans those sections, would obviate the likelihood of cans of piss etc being rained down on our fans ?

The simple answer is the ground isn't built to divide any sections up internally 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Nearly 10% of the population of Sunderland have a season ticket. 

That is a great fact.
Worked up there for a while and they worship the club. When you ask who is a big club, Sunderland are. Hope they do well this season as their fans deserve it.

• Admin
31 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes. would obviously cost a bit of dosh, but do-able, I would have thought ?

I've hardly been in the Lansdown, not been in top tier but could be more technical that setting up secure dividers. 

Would need minimum numbers of toilets, concession stands etc

7 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Nearly 10% of the population of Sunderland have a season ticket. 

One team town - what would be the combined total season ticket sales if both City & Roverzzz were in the Championship? Quite healthy I'd say. In addition, there's eff all else to do in Sunderland. Literally.

I don't mind them, certainly compared to the deluded neighbours across their river, but if Bristol was a cultural wasteland, a post-industrial irrelevance, and a one team town, we'd have 10% buying season tickets too.

But we're not and the existence of places like Sunderland just remind us how god damn lucky we are in so many ways (apart from the bloody football!)    

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

22 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Nope there has to be segregation, it's why our match day capacity is lower then the actual capacity of ag

Sure, but if they are all in the same (Atyeo) Stand, from whom do they need to be segregated? 

Wouldn't it be more to do with netting at the front to keep them off the pitch?

Going to be a great atmosphere. Don’t know why anyone would want to move the away fans - we have the perfect set up now: home fans with a covered concourse with great facilities that links all 3 home stands; away fans in a separate self-contained stand. Ideal. Plus the Atyeo stand has seen better days - not convinced many home fans would choose to sit there for £30+ so better to get that from away support. 

• Like 10

42 minutes ago, eardun said:

Going to be a great atmosphere. Don’t know why anyone would want to move the away fans - we have the perfect set up now: home fans with a covered concourse with great facilities that links all 3 home stands; away fans in a separate self-contained stand. Ideal. Plus the Atyeo stand has seen better days - not convinced many home fans would choose to sit there for £30+ so better to get that from away support. 

Yes I don’t think the club would consider  a change in placement due to the concourse and the ageing nature of the Atyeo stand. However providing a proper, extended space for vocal home support to flourish would quell a lot of atmosphere/marginal gain arguments and is easily done. 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Thanks for that insight.

Not just me saying it, both Cotterill and Johnson mentioned it during their spells as manager.

It works both ways though. We’ve been given reduced allocations on many occasions when we could have sold more tickets. Much better for football fans overall to have more bums on seats when they’re available, across the game, rather than tit-for-tat allocations that stop people watching the football they want to watch. I also think a big away allocation brings out the best in our own fans and makes for a much greater sense of occasion.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Yes I don’t think the club would consider  a change in placement due to the concourse and the ageing nature of the Atyeo stand. However providing a proper, extended space for vocal home support to flourish would quell a lot of atmosphere/marginal gain arguments and is easily done. 

Our support moaned about the lack of atm in the Atyeo not too long ago, I'm sure it wouldn't take long for some to start complaining the acoustics are better in the Lansdown stand if away fans went there 

• Like 3

• Admin
18 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

isn't the Atyeo seperate anyway

I believe they meant as in the front rows need to be covered, not that it seems to be a deterrent. 

I can't think what the game was last season when the away fan just waltzed down the netting and onto the pitch 

• Like 1