IGNORED

Sunderlands match day ticket allocation is 3,338

27 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

if we’re at 27k capacity I was trying to figure out where the 4k are . I know some is in atyeo as they’ve not got full allocation . But a quick scan of the seats on sale doesn’t add up to the remaining seats ? Any idea from anyone ?

23k sold

500 away not sold yet

1000 away not given

1000 left in home end

1000 I'm told before is due to segregation 

not sure about the other 500

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, HitchinRed said:

Why do we need extra segregation when they already have the whole Atyeo stand - and there are 1,500 empty seats in that!

Not sure why we net off the first 10 odd rows in the Atyeo to be honest. Must be some sort of H&S bullshit reason.

On 21/07/2022 at 10:39, Phileas Fogg said:

True. My issue isn’t the allocation really, it’s the placement of away fans relative to ours.

I’ve always felt, since redevelopment, away fans should’ve been in A+B of the Dolman with our vocal fans occupying the Atyeo. The atmosphere really suffers with our vocal support as far away as possible from away fans.

I like that these days the club seem to be more receptive to atmosphere creation, but it could still be a lot better and fan placement can help.

I don’t think giving away fans the whole end behind a goal helps us with the marginal advantages you get from playing at home.. and every little thing we can do to gain those extra % advantages should be done. 

If away fans were given E34 and E33 their allocation would be less the 2,000 which would be ok for some matches but not when playing a team with a big away following. If City covered over some of the seats in the lower section it would then be  1500 ish. It would also probably mean some seats being lost for City supporters in E32 due to segregation. There is also the issue of dividing the Dolman concourse and City supporters in the Atyeo having poor concourse facilities compared to the rest of the ground. These are the sort of problems you get when you develop an old ground. A new build at Ashton Vale would have been much better but it didn’t happen 

• Hmmm 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, MattWSM said:

23k sold

500 away not sold yet

1000 away not given

1000 left in home end

1000 I'm told before is due to segregation 

not sure about the other 500

I'd add into that seats lost for camera positions, then all the press tickets, players comps etc.

Do I have 14 in the box with me or 10 etc etc, small numbers but they all add up

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bris red said:

Not sure why we net off the first 10 odd rows in the Atyeo to be honest. Must be some sort of H&S bullshit reason.

I might be mistaken but I think that happened after the Swansea game a couple of seasons ago with fans spilling onto the pitch. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not taking the piss but am surprised that they haven't sold out by now

Great following that! Haway the lads!
Not many clubs fans will travel as well as Sunderland this season. Proper football club is Sunderland. Had a Mackem stay with us for nearly 8 years Monday to Friday. As a season ticket holder, he drove back for every midweek home game and then drove through the night back to south Bristol to be in work for 8am next day.
Decent folk up North and generally they know their football in my experience.

Edited by Tin Soldier
  • Like 7

• Admin
49 minutes ago, Tin Soldier said:

Great following that! Haway the lads!
Not many clubs fans will travel as well as Sunderland this season. Proper football club is Sunderland. Had a Mackem stay with us for nearly 8 years Monday to Friday. As a season ticket holder, he drove back for every midweek home game and then drove through the night back to south Bristol to be in work for 8am next day.
Decent folk up North and generally they know their football in my experience.

Decent following which is why I'm surprised they haven't sold out yet for their first away game back in the championship 

Personally can't stand their supporters, they're up their own arses like Leeds and Villa supporters, they believe their own hype 

(Ps cracking username if you have named it after the song?) 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

Decent following which is why I'm surprised they haven't sold out yet for their first away game back in the championship 

Personally can't stand their supporters, they're up their own arses like Leeds and Villa supporters, they believe their own hype 

Forget the politics but SLF were a brilliant band. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Offside said:

I might be mistaken but I think that happened after the Swansea game a couple of seasons ago with fans spilling onto the pitch. 

Yes you are right pal possibly was because of that. A bit of an OTT reaction to do it for every game though IMO.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, phantom said:

Fair play to them I wish our fans had half of their ambition and passion 

1 minute ago, mightyreds89 said:

Looks less than 200 left now across the home areas of the stadium to me just a few odd seats dotted around top tier less than 10 in most blocks and all blocks on sell and around 7/8 seats in corner of SS and lower wing of LS. Looking like 24/25k by the weekend. 

That’s good tbh , have they released all the seats in the top tier of the lansdown as I know before they released small groups of seats at different times .