IGNORED

Sunderlands match day ticket allocation is 3,338

In a way, this illustrates the disadvantages of Ashton Gate compared to Ashton Vale. In the past it was easy to decide to go to the game on the day. Now, due to capacity constraints, attendance must be planned in advance. At Ashton Vale, pay on the day would have been easy, which is what you want to attract more casual supporters 

15 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

In a way, this illustrates the disadvantages of Ashton Gate compared to Ashton Vale. In the past it was easy to decide to go to the game on the day. Now, due to capacity constraints, attendance must be planned in advance. At Ashton Vale, pay on the day would have been easy, which is what you want to attract more casual supporters 

We sell out home games about once every 4 years. It’s not an issue that happens regularly at all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

We sell out home games about once every 4 years. It’s not an issue that happens regularly at all. 

Yes but If we managed to get promoted and consolidate it would be, especially If we stayed as long as say Stoke or Swansea did. Even a promotion push at the end of the season would see attendances reach full capacity.

Edited by Kodjias Wrist
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

True, but why? Even when attendances are lower there is little incentive to pay on the day as there isn’t a good selection of available seats. For example, in some sections of the upper Lansdown you can only attend with a juvenile as these are family sections. Also, it’s obvious that you can’t buy a ticket in the Atyeo, even if the away support is limited to one man and a dog. Taking the Atyeo out of the equation, capacity for home supporters is only about 22k ish. The family sections reduces this further for adults only and a lot of what’s left is taken up by season ticket holders and advance sales. At Ashton Vale the options would have been far better 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

At Ashton Vale the options would have been far better 

Playing devils advocate, to create that type of flexibility, might we have needed a 30-35k stadium and ended up having it half full most games.

Swings and roundabouts I guess.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Playing devils advocate, to create that type of flexibility, might we have needed a 30-35k stadium and ended up having it half full most games.

I'd suggest it is also financially very inefficient to build extra capacity that would only be utilised very rarely - the occasional City game, possibly rugby against Bath and maybe summer concerts. Obviously if (when!) we get promoted that may change. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Possibly,  but I’m not sure about that. If Ashton Vale had been designed properly, and I can’t remember the plans, a stadium of 30k ish wouldn’t have looked much bigger than Ashton Gate’s current lopsided redevelopment of 26.5k ish. It could have had more two tier stands with the away supporters placed in the top tier of one of them. With crowds of 20k the lower tiers would have been full every match creating a good atmosphere. Can any remember what the proposed Ashton Vale stadium plan looked like? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Possibly,  but I’m not sure about that. If Ashton Vale had been designed properly, and I can’t remember the plans, a stadium of 30k ish wouldn’t have looked much bigger than Ashton Gate’s current lopsided redevelopment of 26.5k ish. It could have had more two tier stands with the away supporters placed in the top tier of one of them. With crowds of 20k the lower tiers would have been full every match creating a good atmosphere. Can any remember what the proposed Ashton Vale stadium plan looked like? 

One piece of work left to join the ateyeo will take it to nye on 30k I expect. 

35 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Yeah, I think you're right. Was the plan to add a tier on each of the end stands to bring it to 42k in the event of the World Cup stadium hosts?

Anyway, back to Sunderland, well done fans for virtually selling out. Should be a great atmosphere despite some fans being on holidays (that's why I pre-booked my holiday from Sunday's date!).

importedImage38484_5.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will b11 said:

Is there a problem asking on here ? 

Because the only way anyone on here can answer definitively (unless they work in the ticket office at Sunderland) is for them to do a search on the Sunderland OS ticket page.

https://safc.com/news/team-news/2022/august/bristol-city/preview-vs-bristol-city

Tickets and streaming

Over 26,000 are expected to attend Saturday’s game, with a large away following backing the Lads.

Tickets are now off sale for away supporters, but you can listen to the game by clicking here.

Streaming passes are available to supporters based overseas, and can be purchased by clicking here.

Alternatively, supporters can follow the game via the club’s Twitter @SunderlandAFC and Instagram @SunderlandAFCOfficial.