IGNORED

Season Ticket Wallet

Clutton Caveman

I have just received my new season ticket. First impression was " wow that's nice" on reflection I am not so happy.

If the package did not have the foam layer it could go directly into the cardboard recycle bin. With the foam it cannot.

The foam is totally non recyclable. Few people will separate the foam from the cardboard. As such over 12,000 of these will go to landfill. The board will break down in time, the foam will take decades.

The key ring is nice but I bet that over 50% stay at the back of a drawer or get thrown out for more landfill.

Bearing in mind our financial; position, would anyone not been happy with a strong envelope containing the card and if necessary the key ring.

This has nothing to do with sale promotion. We have all already purchased. 

Hate to see such a waste of money and no regard for the environment.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8
  • Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

I have just received my new season ticket. First impression was " wow that's nice" on reflection I am not so happy.

If the package did not have the foam layer it could go directly into the cardboard recycle bin. With the foam it cannot.

The foam is totally non recyclable. Few people will separate the foam from the cardboard. As such over 12,000 of these will go to landfill. The board will break down in time, the foam will take decades.

The key ring is nice but I bet that over 50% stay at the back of a drawer or get thrown out for more landfill.

Bearing in mind our financial; position, would anyone not been happy with a strong envelope containing the card and if necessary the key ring.

I thought Huboo paid for the packaging - its what they do.

I would also think that the vast majority won't be chucking the boxes away ?

Key rings already in use here and I would think the same for the majority ?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

This.

Kept the box (there was no foam in it..?)

Key ring is in me sky rocket...with me keys on..!!?

Christ. Don't know why the club ******* try. 

It's a gesture. Seemed a nice thought to me. If your'e that bothered about landfill go moan to Hallmark and Clinton Cards about the amount they cause to go to waste on cards, singing cards, pin badges, etc.

Edited by TBW
  • Like 16
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 2

43 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Gonna keep my old season cards in mine.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Do you ever go to parties? Bet your a bundle of laughs at them! ?

Get a life or if it bothers you that much which obviously it does then give it to someone that appreciate it more

1 hour ago, TBW said:

Christ. Don't know why the club ******* try. 

It's a gesture. Seemed a nice thought to me. If your'e that bothered about landfill go moan to Hallmark and Clinton Cards about the amount they cause to go to waste on cards, singing cards, pin badges, etc.

They just need to stop and think! 12,000 pcs of unnecessary foam that will take 1,000 years to break down in landfill or get burnt into the atmos.

it really annoys me that companies still do thoughtless crap like this. 

With regards to the businesses you mention all are in serious decline as consumer behaviour has already changed and they haven’t.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Jeez said:

They just need to stop and think! 12,000 pcs of unnecessary foam that will take 1,000 years to break down in landfill or get burnt into the atmos.

With regards to the businesses you mention all are in serious decline as consumer behaviour has already changed and they haven’t.

Get the 12,000 pcs and set fire to them - done. Then your happy ? ( forget about the fumes, just don’t look)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Jeez said:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jeez said:

Don’t forget the Bristol Bears send outs! ?

Edited by East End Old Boy
And Bristol Flyers!!!!

I do find it funny what people care about on this forum, offend someone or hurt someone's feelings and the prevailing wisdom is you scum, were getting deep into a climate crisis and someone brings up the waste caused by packaging the club has produced and they are a killjoy and people dispair at the sentiment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Calm down Greta 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Just chuck it in your Black Bin we wont tell anyone..

• Haha 2

As the author of this post I am shocked and dismayed by most of the reaction. I am not a green nut case, I drive a petrol car and fly quite a lot for work BUT my point was if this package was necessary it would be 100% recyclable if the packer material used to create the indent for the contents was eliminated. The cut out in this section would also have gone to waste.

I work in the packaging industry when massive thought goes into creating functional packaging that can be easily recycled. such as getting rid of shrink wrap for coke cans and the plastic rings for 6 beer packs. Bearing in mind the heat of the last few days should we not at least think about recycling

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I work in the packaging industry when massive thought goes into creating functional packaging that can be easily recycled. such as getting rid of shrink wrap for coke cans and the plastic rings for 6 beer packs. Bearing in mind the heat of the last few days should we not at least think about recycling

I worked in the packaging industry for over 40 years and have seen many changes during this time. I am very sceptical about the “green” motives of companies, as profit still comes before environment, I know as I’ve championed it! ??

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

I worked in the packaging industry for over 40 years and have seen many changes during this time. I am very sceptical about the “green” motives of companies, as profit still comes before environment, I know as I’ve championed it! ??

But a lot of stuff is still wildly overpackaged - you can still find four small croissants in a plastic tray tucked inside a plastic wrapper. Getting rid of a lot of that would be more profitable. I wonder how often the packaging costs more than the goods inside. They just need to dial down a bit on the over protection of the product. And the packaging that is purely for marketing purposes.

23 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

It would have been better if the package had been simpler and they had included a fixture list and wallet like they used to which to most would have been more useful than a keyring but I suppose it's nice they went to the effort to make it a bit more memorable.  I will just have to recycle one of my old ones.

Edited by pillred
Spelling