IGNORED

Season Ticket Wallet

Clutton Caveman

51 minutes ago, Leveller said:

But a lot of stuff is still wildly overpackaged - you can still find four small croissants in a plastic tray tucked inside a plastic wrapper. Getting rid of a lot of that would be more profitable. I wonder how often the packaging costs more than the goods inside. They just need to dial down a bit on the over protection of the product. And the packaging that is purely for marketing purposes.

Totally agree with your first comment, although the usual answer is probably shelf live/hygiene/protection etc. With regard to getting “rid of a lot would be more profitable”, the answer is who for, retailer or packaging industry??

3 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

As the author of this post I am shocked and dismayed by most of the reaction. I am not a green nut case, I drive a petrol car and fly quite a lot for work BUT my point was if this package was necessary it would be 100% recyclable if the packer material used to create the indent for the contents was eliminated. The cut out in this section would also have gone to waste.

I work in the packaging industry when massive thought goes into creating functional packaging that can be easily recycled. such as getting rid of shrink wrap for coke cans and the plastic rings for 6 beer packs. Bearing in mind the heat of the last few days should we not at least think about recycling

Cry harder.

Via Wynes & Nicholas, Environmental Research Letters the below would (per person taking action) save the specified number of tonnes of CO2 per year. ..

• Have one less child, 58.6
  • Live car free, 2.4
  • Avoid one transatlantic flight, 1.6
  • Buy green energy, 1.47
  • Switch electric car to car free, 1.15
  • Eat a plant based diet, 0.82
  • Replace typical car with hybrid, 0.52
  • Wash clothes in cold water, 0.25
  • Hang dry clothes, 0.21
  • Recycle, 0.21
  • Upgrade light bulbs, 0.1

13,000 less bits of foam isn't going to change the world buddy. How much of the other stuff above are you willing to give up? Your regular flights alone look like they're probably worse than the foam used for every STH combined. 

Edited by TBW
  • Like 4

• Admin
56 minutes ago, pillred said:

It would have been better if the package had been simpler and they had included a fixture list and wallet like they used to which to most would have been more useful than a keyring but I suppose it's nice they went to the effort to make it a bit more memorable.  I will just have to recycle one of my old ones.

Fixtures were released way after the printing was done for the original season cards - with technology nowadays who can't access a fixture list in moments from a mobile?

Was handy in its time, but nothing more than a waster of money now

Surely most people insert their card into a wallet like a bank card?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Fixtures were released way after the printing was done for the original season cards - with technology nowadays who can't access a fixture list in moments from a mobile?

I can't believe we haven't moved to digital season tickets on the app or digital wallet that you can just get on your phone and do away with anything physical that needs to be sent. Ok I get not everyone has a smartphone but at least make it an option and maybe knock a tenner off to incentives its use.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TBW said:

Cry harder.

Via Wynes & Nicholas, Environmental Research Letters the below would (per person taking action) save the specified number of tonnes of CO2 per year. ..

• Live car free, 2.4
  • Buy green energy, 1.47
  • Hang dry clothes, 0.21
  • Recycle, 0.21

13,000 less bits of foam isn't going to change the world buddy. How much of the other stuff above are you willing to give up? Your regular flights alone look like they're probably worse than the foam used for every STH combined. 

You make some brilliant points - the club and sponsors can also make smarter decisions on packaging, bit by bit the use of unnecessary plastic and carbon footprint diminishes and it happens by people raising aspects like you & the OP have.

It will influence the corporate decision makers & give them something to consider in their meetings when consumers show their dissatisfaction. Trust me this stuff does get through & in current climate crisis no business can ignore their responsibilities.

Hubboo the UK largest e-commerce logistics platform - if they take note the impact becomes so much greater.

BCFC - hopefully they can see we don’t need corporate landfill Knick-knacks so they can in-future save money, carbon & reduce landfill.

Or as @Pezo says let’s go digital passes with cards for those that need them.

At the end of the day we are all responsible.

5 hours ago, TBW said:

Cry harder.

• Live car free, 2.4
  • Buy green energy, 1.47
  • Hang dry clothes, 0.21
  • Recycle, 0.21

Well I’ve done my bit.  I always planned to have five kids, but in the end I only had one.  That’s me covered for a good few years then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jeez said:

You make some brilliant points - the club and sponsors can also make smarter decisions on packaging, bit by bit the use of unnecessary plastic and carbon footprint diminishes and it happens by people raising aspects like you & the OP have.

It will influence the corporate decision makers & give them something to consider in their meetings when consumers show their dissatisfaction. Trust me this stuff does get through & in current climate crisis no business can ignore their responsibilities.

Hubboo the UK largest e-commerce logistics platform - if they take note the impact becomes so much greater.

BCFC - hopefully they can see we don’t need corporate landfill Knick-knacks so they can in-future save money, carbon & reduce landfill.

Or as @Pezo says let’s go digital passes with cards for those that need them.

At the end of the day we are all responsible.

No am not responsible for the greedy and corrupt multinational companies. They forced us to accept their products such as food, schooling, education (propaganda and institutionalisation) money, cars, buses, trains, utilities the list is endless. Measurements to change could have been done 100 years ago. It’s all about power and control and force feeding bulls**t.

8 hours ago, phantom said:

Three problems one I don't have a mobile phone and two they used to supply a fixture list with your season card oh! and three I don't have a wallet but I realise I'm probably in a minority of one not having a mobile :laugh:.

• Like 1

• Admin
13 hours ago, MattWSM said:

I want to swap my season ticket seat just for the first game so I can sit with a friend. Do I need to call the club or can I do this online?

You have to call the ticket office, they will sort it out for you 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Always red said:

Agree, to a certain extent with OP. Rather have a decent defensive midfielder (with some pace) rather than a key ring.

By the way just ripped off foam and recycled the rest. The recycling boys just took it

Good performance on the pitch rather than gimmicks for me please

Don’t think there’s enough defensive midfielders in the game for each of the 14,000 season ticket holders to receive one. Imagine the size of packaging needed for that as well. 

• Haha 1

On 21/07/2022 at 17:32, Pezo said:

I can't believe we haven't moved to digital season tickets on the app or digital wallet that you can just get on your phone and do away with anything physical that needs to be sent. Ok I get not everyone has a smartphone but at least make it an option and maybe knock a tenner off to incentives its use.

Sorry but what the hell is a "digital wallet"is it the same type as i keep my bank cards in?

32 minutes ago, BS13 Robin said:

Sorry but what the hell is a "digital wallet"is it the same type as i keep my bank cards in?

It's a wallet on your phone - so you can put your bank cards on your phone and not need a physical wallet.

33 minutes ago, BS13 Robin said:

Thanks that sounds a bit technical for this 62 year old!!

Physical wallet? at 62 if you dropped it you would probably put your back out picking it back up again, :laugh:.

Edited by pillred
Spelling
  • Haha 2

On 20/07/2022 at 15:11, Clutton Caveman said:

I have just received my new season ticket. First impression was " wow that's nice" on reflection I am not so happy.

If the package did not have the foam layer it could go directly into the cardboard recycle bin. With the foam it cannot.

The foam is totally non recyclable. Few people will separate the foam from the cardboard. As such over 12,000 of these will go to landfill. The board will break down in time, the foam will take decades.

The key ring is nice but I bet that over 50% stay at the back of a drawer or get thrown out for more landfill.

Bearing in mind our financial; position, would anyone not been happy with a strong envelope containing the card and if necessary the key ring.

This has nothing to do with sale promotion. We have all already purchased. 

Hate to see such a waste of money and no regard for the environment.

Not really related but just noted that the promo bit on the website ,’Get your season tickets’ that has said for weeks over 13,000 season tickets have been sold now reads over 13,500 now sold  on the bottom of the Weimann interview , ticking  on I suppose ?

Evidently not a popular view, but I’m with @Clutton Caveman on this.

It just seemed a bit unnecessary: nice touch, maybe, but then surely an e-commerce firm could come up with something compostable, degradable or whatever.

And despite what posters say, they will get thrown away - eventually. 
And you could use the ‘it’s only 13000’ argument about anything, the point is all those ‘only 13000’s add up. 10billion blue mask wrongs don’t make 13000 foam boxes right. Or something like that.

But most of all I’m annoyed I didn’t realise what a demand there’d be for these things. I chucked mine away last week; if only I’d realised how many people might have wanted it as a picture frame or a storage box…..?

On 22/07/2022 at 23:06, pillred said:

Physical wallet? at 62 if you dropped it you would probably put your back out picking it back up again, :laugh:.

At 62 picking it up after dropping it is not the main problem.

Before leaving the house, remembering where you last left it  is the big one!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

At 62 picking it up after dropping it is not the main problem.

Before leaving the house, remembering where you last left it  is the big one!

A digital wallet isn’t without its worries or problems either.

Last week I went to the T20 finals day in Birmingham. I had my train tickets, match day tickets, hotel reservation, bust tickets, debit card and credit card and all my contacts numbers on my phone.

I did have a moment where I thought a major failure of my phone now and I’ll be wandering around Birmingham homeless for weeks. 

• Haha 3

On 20/07/2022 at 15:11, Clutton Caveman said:

I have just received my new season ticket. First impression was " wow that's nice" on reflection I am not so happy.

If the package did not have the foam layer it could go directly into the cardboard recycle bin. With the foam it cannot.

The foam is totally non recyclable. Few people will separate the foam from the cardboard. As such over 12,000 of these will go to landfill. The board will break down in time, the foam will take decades.

The key ring is nice but I bet that over 50% stay at the back of a drawer or get thrown out for more landfill.

Bearing in mind our financial; position, would anyone not been happy with a strong envelope containing the card and if necessary the key ring.

This has nothing to do with sale promotion. We have all already purchased. 

Hate to see such a waste of money and no regard for the environment.

Un ******* believable 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FForbes said:

I refer you to a post on the "Blue few" official website "Club Statement - Season Tickets"  regarding the pickle they have got into with season cards and e-tickets.

Just been over to slagchat and it all looks like one almighty disaster waiting to happen when they play FGR next Saturday!