IGNORED

Four Four Two Prediction

East Londoner

22 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

Just in case anyone was wondering what they were predicting for us..

6C0CD4A6-21D1-42A0-A93B-4A6CEF57514E.png

38CC5011-4330-4E6C-84E1-0D9940FD1192.png

A prediction of 18th shows a lazy reporting imo. I see few Championship teams who should have more optimism than us for a top 6 finish this season.

We have 3 exciting young players Massengo, Scott and Semenyo all having breakout seasons playing over 30 games  , mixed with experienced professionals who have been promoted before James, King and some very good new signings a wing back who won a Leagues best player award last year which is a hell of an achievement and a central defender who was player of the season as a CB for a top six Championship side months ago!

We also have a proven manager who knows how to get out of this league getting in to his 3rd year! This is typically the best season you will have from a manager who sticks around more than a year in my experience with previous managers!

Our season only started in January when Semenyo, Martin and Weiman got going we figured out our best team! The 5-0 win against Hull got me very excited about this season coming!

I know I may be Bristol City blind and bias in my opinion but looking around I see few clubs players attracting the level of interest ours have been and I see even fewer clubs signing the players we have been, Cardiff for example I think their recruitment this year has not been thought out at all they have seemed to be collecting free transfers for the sake of it, I see them struggling this year so that’s understandable but we have strengthened in weak areas ?‍♂️

Coventry, Stoke what are they seeing in them exactly? Even West Brom they were terrible at the end of last season and looking at their squad it looks very weak.

With Fulham and Bournemouth out of the league I think 2nd place is more than achievable for a so called underdog team !!

Hopefully I’m not disappointed but it’s good to be looking forward to it as I was not so much last season!

• Like 1
  • Robin 2

9 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Exactly. We all like new season optimism, but top half would be a good season for us. Theres 4 new signings of which 3 havent played in the championship before, no money and our best accomplishment is getting palmer and cod off the wage bill!

Yes but this might need to be the season we need to aim high. So many uncertain futures after this season. Bentley, Kalas, Dasilva, Massengo, Klose, Martin and Wells all food players who can play a big part in a season are all OOC. They all come with different questions. Can Klose and Martin keep performing as they approach or play through their mid 30s. Bentley, Kalas and Dasilva will all probably want to see what their offers are next summer I imagine. There is safety in extending now but who takes the chance on themselves. Think we all know Massengo and Wells are probably gone after this season and possibly earlier. 

Then you have the likes of Scott and Semenyo. They had interest this summer and that will probably remain true next summer with contracts down a year. 

My point is let people be optimistic. Football can change so much from year to year. The championship as we saw last year is probably 14 teams deep of team that can finish top 6 with a bit of different luck. I think most here expect top 14 this year. So why can’t we get the luck and get that top 6? You can look at the signings as you put it. Or you can say we signed 2 starting players and a player who will feature heavily at times plus a future keeper. The friendlies I think show that is true. Let people believe even if you probably would not put money on it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

They haven’t though 

9 hours ago, phantom said:

I'm glad it wasn't just me that was puzzled by this comment 

Apologies, that’s what it looks like on my iPhone, but clearly not the case.

Edited by GrahamC

10 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

If you wish to take into account the validity of a prediction perhaps look at the previous season’s one and see how accurate they were then.

image.thumb.png.7299c3aadadf8cd2fa1385df53f981b2.png

Got Barnsley, Reading, Swansea and Huddersfield wildly wrong. Slightly underrated us, but honestly it's surprising we weren't predicated to go down.

Didn't get Luton or Forest right either.

Not exactly a reason to think the table in May 23 is going to look much like the one in OPs post.

Could be worse, the Mirror's "super computer" predicts we'll finish 23rd. For reference, last season they predicted:

1. Fulham

2. West Brom

3. Sheffield United

4. Bournemouth

5. Swansea

6. Middlesbrough

7. Nottingham Forest

8. Cardiff

9. Stoke

10. Barnsley

11. Reading

12. Blackburn

13. QPR

14. Millwall

15. Hull

16. Birmingham

17. Derby

18. Preston

19. Luton

20. Bristol City

21. Coventry

22. Huddersfield

23. Peterborough

24. Blackpool

Like all the various prediction publications they’re basing their opinions on where the clubs finished last season and just like the betting companies very little, if any research goes into looking at which clubs have become weaker/stronger over the close season.

I take zero notice of any of them. They’re just column fillers.

35 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

image.thumb.png.7299c3aadadf8cd2fa1385df53f981b2.png

Got Barnsley, Reading, Swansea and Huddersfield wildly wrong. Slightly underrated us, but honestly it's surprising we weren't predicated to go down.

Didn't get Luton or Forest right either.

Not exactly a reason to think the table in May 23 is going to look much like the one in OPs post.

Agreed & whilst we are all understandably fixated by where they see us, I’ll be very surprised if Millwall are that low & Preston & Swansea that high.

Had to laugh at the Mirror predicting us to be 23rd. Not saying we're anywhere near a promotion winning side, but we're definitely better than 3 sides in the League already. 

Also I think Sunderland finishing bottom is way off the mark too.

I just think some journalists are very lazy when it comes to predictions and don't consider the fact there is always a surprise package and normally a side who struggle who shouldn't be.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

Your ex bookie pal was not correct. Bookies don't plan on losing money. There are researchers.

He’s been retired around 10 years and I did say that in the decade or so since the bookies  may well have adapted their methods when it comes predicting league finishes.