IGNORED

Will bottom half mean the end of Pearson?

Top Robin

Ive generally been against pearson, mainly due to the poor defensive record, but whoever came in would have had to tread water until summer 23 when the rest of the big contracts are due to expire. This time next year will be a big reset for the club and that will probably include the manager too -  if we were to finish 12 th with scott conway, the new keeper and benarous when hes back all making good contributions, and with the big contracts all being gone you would have to say thats a good outcome?

• Like 3

I don’t take the post as negative, it’s a good talking point 

My stance last season was that he had a free season to sort things out behind the scenes and as long as we didn’t get relegated i was ok with the season. However, we were poor for a lot of it and i always said that there has to come a time when we at least start to see some improvements in results and for me improvement in defence.

Pearson has bought in Wilson, Tanner, Klose, Atkinson and Naismith so this is now his defence so we can now start judging him on that. 

I’d be disappointed if we finished below 12th this season. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

It shouldn’t be . 

Why? We were in a mess, with over paid players on big contracts that doesnt get sorted in 1,2 or even 3 seasons, it gets sorted only when those players leave, sadly that's at the end of the contract because they are generally overpaid

11 minutes ago, SBB said:

If I put any more topics on ignore I’ll see the Lansbury has officially signed thread again, soon. 

Just to keep you up to date, it's looking doubtful that Cheesley's injury is looking long term and it's doubtful he  will play again this season!

• Haha 2

Well depends what part of bottom half it is. If we're in the relegation zone come Christmas then yeah I'd imagine he'll be gone.  If were 13th-17th then I think that's about right. For me this season he needs to have us more consistent and a lot harder to score against. If we're still leaking goals for fun and chucking away games in the final minutes then it'll be time to part ways and try someone new. Big season for Nige but I genuinely believe we'll be between 10th-15th this season. There's a few more things that need sorting and unfortunately it will take time, think Nige needs another 2, maybe 3 windows yet. Next summer, whoever is in charge, will be seeing A LOT of changes. I very much doubt next season we'll be seeing the likes of Bentley, Kalas, Massengo, Scott and Semenyo.. quite literally losing the core of our team and only 2 of them will see us get money for. So for that reason im praying Pearson has a decent season and is still in charge. We're going to need his consistency and leadership for what will be another transitional season. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Here we go, let's start the Pearson out debate before a ball has been kicked in anger.

Unlucky for you but imo we will have a good season and he will be offered a contract extension.

I don't think he raises a bad point.

I actually think mid to low mid table is acceptable this season. We have a young side, still some big wages that need moving and not in a position to buy. Next year however with the big money players off the books, and the young talent sold, he will have the opportunity to strengthen and bring in the quality he needs, that is the key season in my opinion, next season. This season is still very much part of the transition. 

29 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I don’t take the post as negative, it’s a good talking point 

My stance last season was that he had a free season to sort things out behind the scenes and as long as we didn’t get relegated i was ok with the season. However, we were poor for a lot of it and i always said that there has to come a time when we at least start to see some improvements in results and for me improvement in defence.

Pearson has bought in Wilson, Tanner, Klose, Atkinson and Naismith so this is now his defence so we can now start judging him on that. 

I’d be disappointed if we finished below 12th this season. 

Then be prepared to be dissatisfied.

Just now, Son of Fred said:

Then be prepared to be dissatisfied.

I’m a positive Chap - we scored plenty last season and i think Wilson is a key signing who will make a difference, Joe Williams will be like a new signing and Naismith looks like a real leader which we have been missing - if it all comes together then I’ve no reason to believe we can’t finish 12th or above. Im also told that Jason Euell was a very shrewd bit of business in the coaching set up. 

We shall see 

• Like 4