IGNORED

Urgent Help needed from any of my friends in London

phantom

• Admin

I KNOW WE HAVE A NUMBER OF SUPPORTERS IN AND AROUND LONDON 

A GOOD FRIEND HAS POSTED THE BELOW ON FACEBOOK, NOT SURE IF ANYONE CAN HELP? 

My son has been trying for months to secure digs / rent a room up there for months without success, he starts his new job on Monday by London Bridge.

He’s tried “Spare Room.” without success and has even been living in various hotels etc there this last week just so he could try view some room lets, but very few viewings thought he found one but has been let down last night & still not found anything??

Any advice or if you know of any mates or families now considering taking a lodger to let out a room to with cost of living sky rocketing please get in touch asap as he has rent , deposit & great references from his last place in Exeter. 

Thanks everyone ?

I have no idea if this is still the case @phantom but when I worked in London in the 90s a colleague was living in the YWCA Regents Park.*

She wasn't in need or homeless, she had come to work in London from her home in the NE, and had a reasonable job.  She also wasn't there for a few weeks it had been quite a few months last I spoke to her.  They woudl have seen her going to work each day in an office suit so she wasn't pretending to be destitute or anything.

Obviously for him this would be YMCA not YWCA!

Maybe try calling and ask if he could have somewhere for a few weeks while he sorts himself out.  The worst that could happen is that they say no.  Obviously play up all the first time in the capital, doesn't know anybody, new job, skint etc.

As I say my knowledge is over thirty years out of date.

* She didn't used to volunteer this but when the discussion about accommodation came up, and it was tricky to find somehwere even then, people's jaws dropped when she said Regent's Park as that was, and is, one of the top addresses in London.  So she had to explain why.

• Thanks 1