IGNORED

Celebrity fans

Oh Louie louie

My top ones are Elton john and no bias our own Tony r. They were there when it wasn't so dareisay fashionable. Also I heard a taxi driver ring in 606 I think it was to say nigel Kennedy the vionlist flew in for the day from a gig in st tropez for a walsall villa friendly. Fair play to him. Any celebrities stick out to you as fans. I also saw Michelle from eastenders at Fulham in the 90s.

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

My top ones are Elton john and no bias our own Tony r. They were there when it wasn't so dareisay fashionable. Also I heard a taxi driver ring in 606 I think it was to say nigel Kennedy the vionlist flew in for the day from a gig in st tropez for a walsall villa friendly. Fair play to him. Any celebrities stick out to you as fans. I also saw Michelle from eastenders at Fulham in the 90s.

97, She was with Tony Robinson 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Rod hull fell off the roof, trying to fix his ariel to watch the champions leauge final.

All smelt a bit fishy to me, i reckon, the only other person who could have pushed him from a roof was emu.

Released a record with Rovers too…never liked him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

HRH Prince William is quite open about his support for Villa, not sure how that started as he has no obvious links to Brum.

Who could forget the image of David Mellor bonking Antonia de Sancha whilst wearing a Chelsea Shirt? 

He aligned himself with Chelsea, but I don't think anyone really considered he was a fan. I'm sure he did it just for the purposes of presenting 606 back in the day. I'm not sure he ever had the ear of your average terrace fan!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Rod hull fell off the roof, trying to fix his ariel to watch the champions leauge final.

All smelt a bit fishy to me, i reckon, the only other person who could have pushed him from a roof was emu.

Even if it was Emu, Rod would have had a hand in it!

Another Rod ( Stewart) is famously a Celtic fan.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

He aligned himself with Chelsea, but I don't think anyone really considered he was a fan. I'm sure he did it just for the purposes of presenting 606 back in the day. I'm not sure he ever had the ear of your average terrace fan!

I'm sure I've read that Mellor gave up on Chelsea and spent some time watching QPR before returning to Chelsea; even writing some programme notes.

The "running in wearing a Chelsea shirt" story wasn't true (any more than was "Freddie Starr ate my Hamster") and was actually invented, or rather transferred, by Max Clifford; there was previously another woman for whom he was trying to sell the story of another well known person running into the room dressed only in an Everton shirt but he couldn't gain any press interest for that one.  So when Antonia de Sancha came to him wanting to sell her Mellor story he saw a great chance to recycle that old story.

Who was the Everton fan?  Well it wasn't Robert Lindsay.  Or Michael Palin for that matter.

920x920.jpg

• Like 1