IGNORED

Celebrity fans

Oh Louie louie

5 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I'm sure I've read that Mellor gave up on Chelsea and spent some time watching QPR before returning to Chelsea; even writing some programme notes.

The "running in wearing a Chelsea shirt" story wasn't true (any more than was "Freddie Starr ate my Hamster") and was actually invented, or rather transferred, by Max Clifford; there was previously another woman for whom he was trying to sell the story of another well known person running into the room dressed only in an Everton shirt but he couldn't gain any press interest for that one.  So when Antonia de Sancha came to him wanting to sell her Mellor story he saw a great chance to recycle that old story.

Who was the Everton fan?  Well it wasn't Robert Lindsay.  Or Michael Palin for that matter.

920x920.jpg

8 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Lot of rumours say yes, along with a massive attack member or two. 

Massive Attack did an early video (which I can't find now) where 3D wakes up on the od East End steps after the game has finished.

Robert Del Naja (3D) is definitely a City fan, he even mentions BCFC in the album notes in Blue Lines along with Napoli.

Rovers also have a decent local musical link as Geoff Barrow of Portishead is a fan.

Banksey mentioned in an interview that he didn’t want to alienate anyone from visiting his exhibition in Bristol by saying what a rubbish team Rovers are.

8 hours ago, Olé said:

Osama Bin Laden was a massive Arsenal fan and would probably still even now be staring into the camera shouting nonsense at questions from Robbie on Arsenal Fan TV, if only he'd known it was going to exist.

He didn't know anything about AFTV so his only outlet was butchering thousands of people, fleeing into hiding in the Tora Bora mountains, before being executed by the US Navy Seals and dumped into the sea.

image.thumb.png.df84e36a27740d398ab73ae10b03af62.png

I didn’t realise that was genuine.

Always thought it was just a reoccurring joke in Viz.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Meatloaf supported Hartlepool, carried a Hartlepool mascot with him, and at one point was trying to buy a £1m house on Teeside.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/2936262.stm

And of course there is Derek Smalls and his Shrewsbury Town shirt:

FeminineHappyFulmar-max-1mb.gif

I thought I knew this film back to front, inside out etc but never realised Derek was wearing a Shrewsbury Town shirt.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

And so is Michael Fish

Sorry it feels better this way around :thumbsup:

There are a few bands that have had their name on the front of shirts

592624267_Screenshot2022-07-22at09_30_52.png.19258d1207b76a0bbe945c9f05cb2b8d.png 

2057452427_Screenshot2022-07-22at09_33_11.png.f68d056ab603af52aecf9b8a1518cfc4.png

The Libertines and Bad Manners have done Margate.

951387914_Screenshot2022-07-22at09_32_28.png.85d54f4a750990f54827604d7d913a2f.png

Goldy Looking Chain Newport

The best has to be Motorhead sponsoring a kids side from Lincoln 

650602624_Screenshot2022-07-22at09_33_37.png.9606fe187fa0a8127ad5561640bb513a.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm sure David Mellor was a long time Fulham fan who 'transferred' to Chelsea when they became a top team. I really can't understand how people can swap to a local rival in that style. In my opinion I don't see him as a proper Chelsea fan.

As has already been said, Robbie Williams is a Vale fan and so is Phil 'The Power' Taylor.

Notts County have been mentioned, bizarrely I've known 4 (completely unconnected) Notts County fans living in Bristol. They are seriously underachieving and are one of the few clubs outside of the Football League who could realistically operate in the Championship one day.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

I'm sure David Mellor was a long time Fulham fan who 'transferred' to Chelsea when they became a top team. I really can't understand how people can swap to a local rival in that style. In my opinion I don't see him as a proper Chelsea fan.

Ah yes, I said QPR above but you're correct that it was Fulham; I used to watch both QPR and Fulham when in London and had mixed the two.

David Mellor switched allegiance from Fulham to support Chelsea

https://talksport.com/football/252513/seven-reasons-why-chelsea-fc-are-so-hated-150312139477/

Clydebank was sponsored by Wet Wet Wet

_98730182_pa-65736.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, myol'man said:

HRH Prince William is quite open about his support for Villa, not sure how that started as he has no obvious links to Brum.

Who could forget the image of David Mellor bonking Antonia de Sancha whilst wearing a Chelsea Shirt? 

Made up apparently!

19 hours ago, Olé said:

Osama Bin Laden was a massive Arsenal fan and would probably still even now be staring into the camera shouting nonsense at questions from Robbie on Arsenal Fan TV, if only he'd known it was going to exist.

He didn't know anything about AFTV so his only outlet was butchering thousands of people, fleeing into hiding in the Tora Bora mountains, before being executed by the US Navy Seals and dumped into the sea.

image.thumb.png.df84e36a27740d398ab73ae10b03af62.png

Famously, 9-11 was put into action after Man Utd demolished Arsenal 6-1 at Old Trafford earlier that year.