IGNORED

AFC Bournemouth pre-season friendly match-day thread

Jerseybean

Just now, Logical-City said:

Exciting stuff beating a PL on their own patch this close to the seasons start, if Semenyo is the player we believe him to be once he’s back in who knows what we can achieve this season 

Great management....claim a 1-0 win when the "real" teams were out there and the rest of the match is a dead rubber unless we win 2-0.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

For those "practicing" losing their shit for when the real action starts these subs are an open goal......................

What is he doing?!!!!!!!!

FFS!

Need to give it a run out before the season starts.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Great management....claim a 1-0 win when the "real" teams were out there and the rest of the match is a dead rubber unless we win 2-0.

Just now, SBB said:

Any goals after the subs don’t count. 

Exactly. 

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Sort of ends the game as a meaningful contest when you’ve changed 9 or 10 of your outfield players.

Pearson has got what he wanted out of the first hour and can give the younger lads minutes against Premier League (bottom end admittedly) players. For the 17 year old left back though it's fantastic experience. If we end up getting gubbed 2-1 or 3-1 so what.......

I'm sure you get that......some won't.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Pearson has got what he wanted out of the first hour and can give the younger lads minutes against Premier League (bottom end admittedly) players. For the 17 year old left back though it's fantastic experience. If we end up getting gubbed 2-1 or 3-1 so what.......

I'm sure you get that......some won't.

I do, so if say we lost 2-1 now, it is academic.

• Robin 1

I'm not mad keen on the concept of changing a large chunk of the team- pre-season or not, the final preparation for Hull and  away from home vs a newly promoted PL side at that away from home. Good experience for younger players too of course but- I just want to win every game I guess! Maybe they'd win anyway even with full strength...

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm not mad keen on the concept of changing a large chunk of the team- pre-season or not, the final preparation for Hull and vs a newly promoted PL side at that away from home. Good experience for younger players too of course but- I just want to win every game I guess!

I think regardless of the result now, it will feel like a win a good performance for the starting 11.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm not mad keen on the concept of changing a large chunk of the team- pre-season or not, the final preparation for Hull and vs a newly promoted PL side at that away from home. Good experience for younger players too of course but- I just want to win every game I guess!

As an example, if Williams gets crocked after 15 minutes next week then somebody else needs to be ready. Also if Williams gets crocked in the last 15 of this one and is out for 12 weeks we are all moaning about why did he need to be kept on to win a "meaningless" friendly at Bournemouth. It's that simple in pre=season.........a very useful kickabout nothing else.

• Like 2