IGNORED

AFC Bournemouth pre-season friendly match-day thread

Jerseybean

Good result, although in itself does not mean a lot. What is more encouraging is that we seem to be becoming content with a shape we are comfortable with, which seems at the very least means we do not get played through. 

Random aside, but our strip would make a decent Bournemouth away strip!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Great pre season. Clean sheets, goals , even penalties. Some really good signings. Bring on Hull . CTID

Indeed , not sure if good or bad but Hull have just signed an eighth player , mostly obscure names tbh , this one’s a striker from the Turkish league 

I went today, and was pleasantly surprised. We look decent. Naturally it’s very difficult to judge how the performance today will translate into a competitive match, but there were enough positives to get me feeling somewhat optimistic.

We moved the ball well and generally kept possession well, without too many instances of cheaply giving it away. We also seemed to have a greater amount of possession in their final third, certainly in the first half.

Bentley had a strange moment losing a relatively easy catch (maybe there was a foul, I wasn’t able to see) but other than that he was solid and distributed well. Defensively as a unit we looked good, particularly Jay Dasilva who I was really impressed by. Add to this that Sykes has settled in well and looks a good addition to the team.

In midfield Matty James looked sharp, and more like the player I had expected him to be. Massengo also kept the ball very well under pressure and played some neat passes. We did make some decent plays on the deck through their lines, but were also able to go long when we needed to. 

As for Bournemouth, well they huffed and puffed, but didn’t really show anything too inspiring. Their opening fixtures are very difficult. If I was a Bournemouth fan, I’d be more than a little worried…

Oh and shout out to the cheerleader, and the seagull!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 3

41 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Been a good pre season . We are fit , confident , and have a clear plan . Now down to the real business 

So far so good but when points are at stake, it becomes a different matter as you said. We, the fans will expect everything from unbeaten after 46 games to October and still waiting for our first win.

The squad however, appear to be confident without a loss in any of the warm ups, so I'm looking cautiously forward at the moment.

56 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Class delivery. I think you'll be one of the posters to watch this season!!

Great idea............we should have our own pre season predictions?   Posters to watch this season - Young up and coming posters emerging from the Academy - Likely top three posters over the forthcoming season - Potential Play Off Posters -  Relegation candidates - and finally,  posters expected to end up on the transfer list at season end?   I know where i'll be ending up, so no suggestions please?

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Call me a bit of a snob but I'm finding it hard to believe that BristolWorld published "off-of-the-ball" as if it is a thing...

image.thumb.png.fb29804c8daf6e12d90f602d973bef68.png

https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/bristol-city/who-stood-out-and-what-happened-as-bristol-city-beat-bournemouth-for-unbeaten-pre-season-3779573

Where do they find these idiots, 1st paragraph 

Bristol City concluded their pre-season schedule with a goalless draw against Premier League opposition AFC Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium.

• Haha 1